EDUCATION CONSULTANT - ILIRQUSITIGUT PROGRAM
ADULT EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING
FULL TIME REGULAR
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Adult Education and Vocational Training department, the
education consultant sees to the organization of specific training activities in the various communities of
Nunavik and ensures the progression of the Cultural Programs files assigned to him/her.
- Provides community resources with educational support in the development and application of the
- Coordinate with community resources to provide workshops, FM radio shows, activities and meetings;
- Provides support to community facilitators with help regarding course content, program
management, delivery strategies, promotional tools and techniques;
- Creates or obtains the required material;
- Extensive travel to the various Inuit communities of Nunavik on a regular basis.
First level University Degree in a relevant specialization, notably education and/or relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a
suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA)
and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
- Fluency in two of the three languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French or English, spoken and written);
- Basic computer skills, MS Office Suite;
- Knowledge and experience with Cultural programs;
- Strong interest in promoting community & culture in Nunavik;
- Experience in the North is essential.
In accordance with the SPPOM collective agreement for professionals / From $46,1 1 4 to $82,585
annually depending on qualification and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be
eligible to other benefits such as:
- 20 days of annual vacation
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS:
4:00 pm, February 4, 2020
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate PARENTING2001-01 in the subject of the e-
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.