Job title :
FOOD SERVICE WORKER II – CRESTON, B.C.
SWAN VALLEY LODGE
Swan Valley Lodge in Creston, B.C. is looking for Casual Food Service Worker II's to join their food services team! If you have graduated from Grade 10, have a minimum of 1 year of food service experience, and have a current Food Safe Certificate....apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
Hours of work:
- Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
- Sets tables and trays with items including condiments, utensils, and napkins;
- Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
- Prepares items such as meat, fish or poultry for procedures including grinding, flouring and breading;
- Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
- Prepares beverages and food items such as sandwich fillings, nourishments and therapeutic diet items including tube feedings and milkshakes;
- Washing dishes and utensils;
- Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables;
- Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, running diet sheets off the computer and writing information on menu cards;
- Operates cash register and accepts cash and vouchers for meals;
- Receiving supplies and checking goods received against invoices;
- Takes and records temperature of hot foods at point of service
Rotating days from 10:17 to 18:30, 10:30 to 18:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Nestled between the Purcell and Selkirk Mountains, Creston is a nature lover’s paradise. Small town living at its best, with quiet side streets, beautiful murals, galleries and unique stores, it is a welcoming community. The temperate climate and rich, fertile soil make it a gardeners dream. Hiking, biking, golfing and fishing are just a few outdoor activities you can enjoy mere steps from your front door.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10,
- One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Food Safe Certificate
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**