Come grow with us as we seek an Assistant Controller for our new winery in Oliver, BC. This is a permanent, salaried and benefited position.
As our Assistant Controller you will be involved in all accounting areas of our organization. You will be expected to have familiarity with all accounting functions, as well as accounting software.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, this is a busy hands-on position that requires participation in, as well as supervision of day to day accounting and payroll activities.
The key duties include, but not limited to:
· Balance sheet reconciliations for two companies and all associated back up. This includes monthly depreciation of capital assets, prepaids, inventory, GST, PST, payroll remittances, non-resident tax and intercompany transactions, AD and AP, credit cards payable and all loan accounts.
· Balance sheets fully reconciled each month and manage the month end process to ensure deadlines are met.
· Manage and reconcile construction budget.
· Review employee contracts, to ensure payroll items are set up and updated accurately in our accounting system, review bi-weekly payroll and prepare upload to Telpay system.
· Reconcile and ensure inventory counts are accurate
· Reconcile and ensure capital asset schedules are accurate.
· Review all income statements for accuracy and classification.
· Responsible for manual PO system
· Reconcile and post grape sales and purchases to inter-company and to 3rd party vendors. Ensure yield calculations are accurate.
· Prepare reports and schedules as per requested by the VP of Finance.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably in the wine industry, with knowledge of accounting practices for finished goods wines, farming and manufacturing.
You will have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA qualifications or working towards your CPA designation. Further, you will be an expert in all facets of Quickbooks (Pro and Enterprise), including payroll, inventory and capital asset modules as well as advanced knowledge in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
Your keen attention to detail and ability to manage workloads in multiple companies is key and being fluent in Mandarin would be a definite asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent