We have an opportunity for an outstanding professional to join a busy agency!
PAARC is seeking a mature, confident, responsible, professional individual to join our team as a Receptionist in our head office, located at 5170 Dixie Road in Mississauga. Reporting to the Manager of Programs, Partnerships and Operations, the Receptionist will be exceptionally professional with a high degree of discretion, possess strong attention to detail, and demonstrate exceptional customer service. This position also provides administrative backup for our Back on Track Remedial Measures Impaired Driving Program, and requires a higher level of security clearance to fill this role.
The right person for the job is someone who is reliable, responsible, helpful, collaborative, and is a team player. Very strong, healthy communication skills is a must for this position. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality and very strong computer skills.
This position requires someone who is comfortable spending a great deal of time at the reception desk, welcoming our clients and visitors and answering the phone ‘live’ as much as possible, and demonstrates comfort in working with all people in varied circumstances.
PAARC is a non-profit, community-based agency, providing a wide variety of services to persons with substance use and gambling concerns, and those living with concurrent substance use and mental health concerns. PAARC offers a person-centred philosophy, including a harm reduction approach, to a wide range of client populations, and partners with many other agencies to provide integrated care.
This position offers a 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday. Hours of work will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, and 12:30 pm to 8:00 pm on Wednesday. Competitive benefits are included with this position.
This is a busy position in a fast-paced environment, and requires excellent productivity and organizational skills.
- Attend a neat and tidy reception area
- Welcome clients and visitors with professionalism
- Handle incoming calls, prioritize and route them appropriately
- Support data entry into the client database and provide reports as required
- Support the training of new staff on the client database
- Provide electronic updates according to required schedule
- Maintain sufficient supplies of all program materials
- Receive and return phone calls for the Back on Track program according to established policies
- Maintain accurate and neat logs of all communications and activities
- Maintain an effective client filing system, following maintenance and destruction policies
- Maintain office supplies and manage the safe and efficient storage of such supplies
- Maintain the physical office
- Schedule meetings in common meeting rooms
- Provide word processing services and photocopy/distribute materials as needed
- Contribute to the smooth operation of all PAARC activities
- Contribute to maintaining a healthy work environment
- A relevant level of education and experience, from an accredited educational institution
- Computer literacy
- Familiarity with client database is an asset
- Demonstrated comfort in working with all people in varied circumstances
- Strong ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, respectful of privacy
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to effectively manage confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong professional boundaries
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Ability to work effectively in artificial (fluorescent) lighting with no access to natural light, and in office space with varying temperatures
- Current police record check for working with vulnerable populations is required
PAARC is an equal opportunity employer. We invite applications from diverse populations groups that reflect the community we serve.
All applications must include a covering letter, clearly describing suitability for the position. Please quote job number REC1901. Applications are due on or before September 09, 2022 by 5:00 pm
PAARC provides availability of accommodations for disabilities, where needed, to support applicants’ participation in our recruitment process. To inquire about accommodations, please call 905-629-1007, extension 227.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. PAARC uses the services of an external organization to support our recruitment efforts; applicants may be contacted by our human resources consultant for a telephone interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Front desk: 1 year (required)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (required)
Application deadline: 2022-09-09