MOB Beauty is an exciting new beauty company. If you have the entrepreneurial bug and want to be part of building a dream; then you are the chemist we are looking for.
Formulation Chemist, Cosmetics.
The primary function of this position is to report to the CIO to direct all formula internal or 3PM development from concept to an approved scaled up formula. This role is intended to play an inside and outside R&D/PD function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Innovative ideation of color products (powders and liquids)
- Formulate from concept to finish with a strict ingredient policy
- Translate conceptual idea to a bench formula
- Track all PD projects at outside 3PM labs ensuring that all labs are working in the right priority order to meet MOB R&D milestones.
- Pre-Screen all submissions from outside labs and analyze conformance to standards.
- Work with CIO, CBO and CEO to evaluate submissions and communicate redirect feedback to the labs.
- Together with operations manager, set up project calls with outside labs to “Kickoff” new projects.
- Responsible for updating designated project management planning system for PD.
- Manage timelines for assigned projects.
- Work with operations manager to request samples for required testing: e.g HRIPT, SPF testing.
- Occasional travel to outside labs for formula and shade development as needed to achieve on-time completion of formula development milestones.
- Occasional travel for production pilot to ensure proper batch scale up.
- Coordinate with outside labs to receive pre-pilot batches on approved batches and track stability.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in chemistry/related field or Associates degree with minimum 4-6 years in the cosmetics industry.
- Master of Science is an asset.
- Knowledge of cosmetics formulation/raw materials is required.
- Experienced with the dynamics of laboratory formulation as it relates to manufacturing scale
- Experience formulating skincare and cosmetic formulations including color matching required.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed, up to 12 trips per year.
- Must be easily adaptable to priority changes and able to work on numerous projects simultaneously to meet established timelines.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to remain calm while working against a deadline.
- Proven ability to work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Projects, SharePoint, MS teams).
- Knowledge of raw material software tools (e.g Coptis)
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- formulation : 4 years (Preferred)