Role and Responsibilities
The Business Analyst must possess exceptional organizational, customer service, and communication skills and will be a key liaison between support, development, testing and Gemstone Logistics’ clients while maintaining the Company values as per below:
Creating a peaceful and respectful atmosphere for our employees, as well as treating them and our clients as truly valuable members of the Gemstone family.
Working hard for our clients but in a happy and energetic environment that allows for everyday enjoyment and increased motivation on the job.
Appreciating people for who they are and providing them with the right tools to support their strengths and talents.
Being real and genuine in all our products and services, because we pride ourselves on being exactly who we say we are.
Encouraging our employees to do what they love, and to do it exceptionally well.
Holding our company to high standards of service and taking our responsibility to both our employees and clients seriously.
- Coordinate and implement applications by working with our customers to determine and document detailed technical requirements and relay them to our development team;
- Document and execute test plans, cases and scripts for all applications and implementations;
- Participate in strategic planning exercises and create roadmaps for the evolution of products and services while establishing implementation strategies for each client installation;
- Communicate electronically and verbally with clients to determine priorities and set expectations and realistic targets for go live;
- Consult and edit/update user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions;
- Defining and documenting business and technical requirements to assist with the knowledge base of all applications;
- Identify gaps in functionality and work with Product Directors to enhance product offering
- Demonstrate and train clients on the use of the software, including conducting on-site training for clients when required;
- Assist support team as required diagnosing, researching and analyzing customer issues and requests;
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for communicating complex technical issues to both peers and non-technical staff verbally and in writing;
- Exceptional customer focus – understanding the needs of the internal and/or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions;
- Proficient knowledge of SQL Server, and T-SQL queries considered an asset;
- Experience creating, updating, and maintaining project plans, and process documentation;
- Analytical thinking – acquiring understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts;
- Attention to detail – applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked;
- Strong time and task management skills;
- Experience in the Travel and Accommodation industry considered an asset;
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
Environmental & Physical Demands
- Required to act under pressure and make decisions that ensure Gemstone Logistics’ day to day business systems run correctly;
- A high level of concentration required, often under pressure from clients;
- The ability to adjust to the changing demands of Gemstone Logistics at short notice and associated time management and prioritizing skills required to make this possible;
- A willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays during times of high volume.
- Extended health care
- Company events & social hours
- Employee assistance programs
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- business analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sherwood Park, AB (Preferred)