Working in technology today takes skill, expertise, a strategic mind and creativity. At ISM Canada, we believe in life-long learning and we are a dynamic business in a state of constant evolution: we embrace innovation, we are authentic, we create an excellent customer experience every time, we are accountable for all that we do, and we are ONE Team. Technology is changing the world….start your career with ISM Canada and get a front row seat!
December 31, 2020
this open posting is intended to assist with expediting the recruitment process for the Analyst Trainee position. Applicants selected to participate in an interview will be contacted when the need to fill a vacancy is determined.
- Provide Tier 1/1.5 trouble shooting to end-user – escalating support to more senior technicians as required
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all clients ensuring excellent customer service and high customer satisfaction
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the use, operation and support of desktop hardware and software
- Assist with workstation rollout activities, including software installation and asset tracking management
- Develop a solid understanding and use of ITIL incident management processes
- Monitor, analyze and resolve problems with the use, operation or support of hardware and software
- Document operating systems, support problems, or business systems problems.
- Monitor existing systems and suggest improvements.
- Learn and provide support for new technologies, processes, products and systems.
- Interact and support team members, customers and users
- Provide 7x24 on-call support on a rotating basis
- Apply sound work habits in order to maintain an image of competence and professionalism
- Train customers or ISM Canada staff on the use of technologies, products, processes and systems.
- Complete assignments on time.
- Willingness to pursue certifications in current products.
- Code and test technologies from specifications.
- Create operational procedures for testing and production.
- Maintain existing technologies, processes, services or products.
- Troubleshoot and/or provide support for products and services with assistance from a more senior staff member.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Some post-secondary education in computer science, software engineering, or a related technical course; or equivalent industry experience.
- Basic knowledge of the use, operation and support of hardware software, and how to diagnose and remedy related problems; or basic knowledge of application development concepts and testing.
- Ability to read, write and speak French considered an asset.
- Willingness to work 12 hour shifts, which may include evenings and/or weekends.
- Basic knowledge of security computer fundamentals.
- Good customer service skills.
- Some skill level on Intel operating systems (Windows, Linux), particularly Active Directory.
- Some working knowledge and ability to support customer applications, including Windows7 and MS Office.
- Basic understanding of multi-platform environments, including network & storage technologies.
- Positive & disciplined attitude regarding security, as well as ISD team members and customers.
- Good communications skills for interfacing with all clients & auditors - both internal and external.
- Strong team player.
- Some leadership skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong independent self-learner.
- Note: if applicable, posted pay ranges for all positions are bi-weekly rates.
This role may involve working with technology that is covered by US and/or Canadian Embargo Export Regulations; therefore all applicants will be subject to additional security screening requirements.
ISM Canada is committed to compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA), and all other provincial and federal legislation, in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation, or are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our applicant system as a result of your disability, you can request reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process by sending an email to: email@example.com