Perform basic Computer Operator duties per documented processes and procedures. These tasks include and are not limited to media operations mounting/demounting of media, performing system commands, assisting customers via phone and email, interacting with hardware included placing service request via phone/electronically and processing of intersite media movement and evidence retention.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform basic computer operator commands and report any issues to Shift Lead/Supervisor.
- Minor to moderate problem determination.
- Provide assistance to all operations personnel to ensure that the highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Perform minor to moderate operator commands on systems.
- Understand all mount/system messages.
- Monitor scratch pools and outstanding tape mount messages.
- Query system for outstanding mounts and/or print jobs and other latent information and provide interpretation and resolution as appropriate.
- Recognize minor to moderate hardware malfunctions and be able to resolve most problems under direction/supervision of lead personnel.
- Understand and utilize communication and work tools (phone, e-mail, turnover tools, fax, client training tools, other client specific work tools, etc.)
- Initiate detailed search for misfiled media when required. Use appropriate work tools available to provide resolution.
- Provide constructive input for shift turnover to management and teammates.
- Remain current with all procedures and provide input as appropriate.
- Understand and utilize tape library and/or print tools to assist with basic computer operator functions.
- Perform Floor sweeps searching for media as needed which may include searching under/on top of equipment, under raised floor tiles etc.
2-3 years Data Center Operations experience required
Hiring in the following location(s):
Reg. Full-time Benefitted