Seasonal, March Break Camps
March Break Camp:
March 16-20, 2020
Camps at Appleby College provide co-educational opportunities to develop advanced skills, and promote interactive skills among participants. Each Appleby camp has the use of superb facilities and offers access to excellent instruction. Our programs emphasize individual development, participation, co-operation and fun!
As a fully accredited member of the Ontario Camps Association (OCA), we adhere to the highest standards of safety, supervision and quality programming. Appleby College offers the following Camp Programs: Early Discovery Camp, Arts & Media Camp, Sports & Adventure Camp, and Science & Success Camp. To learn more, please visit: Appleby College's March Break Camps
As the March Break Communications Photographer, you will be responsible to work independently capturing photographs and videos throughout the week, photo editing, compiling and producing a slideshow for the last day of camp. The Communications Photographer will work with the Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director to upload photos to Appleby Camps Smug Mug website. Working cooperatively with the campers, March Break Staff, the successful candidate will engage participants with enthusiasm and energy making photo and video opportunities fun for everyone.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Work closely with camp staff to photograph or film campers and/or produce edited footage in slideshow and video editing software
- Complete tasks as assigned within scheduled deadlines
- Work cooperatively and participate in camp activities where required
- Observe and promote all rules and regulations established for the program to include Appleby’s Mutual Respect policy
- Seek assistance and advice from the Camp Director Assistant Camp Director and ensure all pictures posted and decisions made have the appropriate approvals
- Participate in all required training related to health and safety and that specific to camera equipment and production software as provided (online courses will be made available)
- Applicants for this position should have a secondary school diploma
- Experience in photography with the energy and enthusiasm to make campers and instructors enjoy being filmed/ photographed
- Knowledge and experience with a digital SLR camera (both Canon and Nikon equipment are provided)
- Understanding of graphics software and comfort with Adobe products such as Photoshop, Premiere or Lightroom required.
- Experience with Photodex, Proshow is an asset
- Must be able to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Possess the ability to work with others and follow direction
- Team oriented, motivational and creative
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Successful candidates must attend the required training session in the evening on Tuesday, March 3, 2020.
- As a condition of employment, a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector screening is required
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR – C (certified on, or after Sept. 2018) is required
Appleby College Camps and Academies provide the highest quality of instruction to campers in a fast paced and challenging work environment. Compensation is dependent on experience and qualifications.
While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Please apply online by November 24, 2019 to:
Human Resources, Appleby College via our website:
Appleby is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.