Job Posting - 19-04
Family Success & Community Counselling
Job Title: Program Manager
Department: Community Counselling and Family Success
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Management – Union Exempt - Full Health Benefits plus MPP
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 28 hours per week
Date: December 2019
Langley Community Services Society has been in existence for over 48 years. We offer a wide variety of social service programs to the community. We are fully accredited through the Council of Accreditation and maintain best practices standards. Our mission is to assist individuals and families to enhance their lives through the provision of information, services and programs.
The Program Manager jointly oversees the operations of the Community Counselling (which is an internship site providing free counselling to the community) and the Family Success Program with the Clinical Manager and ensures goals and objectives of the program and agency are met.
The Program Manager oversees the planning, coordination, and administration of the programs, ensuring adherence to agency standards, guidelines, policies and procedures and Accreditation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the operations of the program, including planning, scheduling, service coordination, coordination of training, process for screening participants in agency programs, intake, assessment, case management, and stakeholder and community liaison.
· Provide case consultation for developing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating plans and programs designed to ensure that clients’ needs are met.
· Responsible for all daily operations and assigned program areas, including scheduling, planning, acquiring facilities, screening, interviewing and selecting practicum students for placement in the program.
· Responsible for program development to ensure ongoing quality of service delivery, identify gaps in service and recommend strategies to respond to client needs. Involved in preparation of proposals/applications for funding.
· Prepare statistical and narrative reports as required by the agency and Funding Bodies.
· Ensure that accurate program and clients records are maintained and that confidentiality is a priority. Conduct regular file reviews and institute file management processed to ensure that all pertinent documentation is complete and to ensure adherence to agency, funding bodies, accreditation, and legislative requirements.
· Maintain effective liaison with other organizations to coordinate provision of service, resolve program delivery, and exchange program information. Maintain effective relationships and referral protocols with all service providers in the system of care, specific to the program.
· Participate as a member of the local and regional committees and other task groups and advisory committees as necessary.
· May represent the agency at community functions, meetings or task groups. May provide presentations when required.
Required Education, Experience, Training
· MA (in a Human Services/Psychology or related field) minimum, and three years experience in delivering Program/Project specific services.
· Current Registered Clinical Counsellor or equivalent designation an asset
· Familiarity with MCFD reporting guidelines and protection concerns
· Previous management experience, including program outcomes evaluation, budgeting, report writing and planning.
· Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and staff supervisory skills
Required Competencies: Skills, Abilities
· Criminal Record Check required.
· Flexible hours depending on the needs of the programs.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter by December 27th, 2019 quoting posting number FS19-04 to:
Langley Community Services Society
Attention: Human Resources
5339 207th Street, Langley, BC V3A 2E6 Fax: 604-534-9884
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $38.00 /hour