USNR is a premier global supplier of wood processing equipment and machinery. Ongoing employee training and technological upgrades ensure USNR is at the forefront of the industry. We actively seek talented individuals to help continue our tradition of innovation and market leadership.
USNR is seeking a self-motivated Controls Field Service Technician to join our Service team.
Services, installs and upgrades various control systems for the wood processing industry at customer sites. Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of service calls and regular site visits to ensure equipment meets quality and safety standards. Responds to and communicates effectively with customers, engineers, and project managers to ensure customer requirements are understood and resolved. Works irregular hours and overtime is required.
- Diploma, degree or trade qualification in the electrical field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with programming Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, RSLogix PLC products.
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD).
- Experience with Servo motors.
- Experience with Delta RMC and/or Allen-Bradley motion control.
- Knowledge of the Sawmill, Planermill and/or Plywood/OSB equipment (preferred but not required).
- Basic understanding of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Able to read electrical drawings/prints.
- Ability to work effectively with customers.
- Able to cross international borders and travel extensively to customer locations in North America and overseas.
- Required to provide 24/7hr support coverage on rotation.
USNR offers an excellent team-oriented working environment with comprehensive benefit programs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00-$45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- On call