The Northrup Group, developers of East Point Shopping and other commercial and residential properties, is seeking an experienced individual to fill the full time position of Construction Estimator. The individual will be responsible for:
- Preparing estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment, and subcontracts for construction projects based on bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Advising on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, conduct negotiations, and recommend tender awards.
- Establishing and maintaining tendering processes.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Preparing cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project.
- Preparing and maintaining a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Liaising, consulting and communicating with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Managing and coordinating construction projects, and preparing construction progress schedules.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in this field, be well organized, motivated, detail oriented and be capable of working with minimal supervision.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Construction Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)