MTY Food Group Inc. (“MTY”) is among the foremost quick service restaurant companies in Canada and in the United States as well as internationally. It operates over 80 banners and operates and franchises over 7,400 restaurants. MTY’s multi-bannered strategy has allowed it to become a leader in its class.
MTY works hard every day to assert itself as a dynamic and innovative organization. The company maintains a leading position in its market through acquisitions and national and international expansion, as well as continuous operational improvements for service that consistently exceeds consumer expectations.
MTY is currently looking for a Treasury Manager to join our finance team to manage our Canadian operations cash position. This individual will be responsible for Canadian treasury operations as well as providing support and analysis across a range of treasury/finance subject areas as noted below.
Summary of key responsibilities
- Supervise and optimize cash management function in a global multi-currency environment, as well as implement new banking technologies, products, and services to improve the cash cycle
- Create and optimize cash forecasting, borrowing strategies and short-term investment of excess cash
- Manage and oversee current credit facility including calculation of all credit facility covenants
- Recommend and implement cash management structures and cash planning strategies through coordination with banking partners and various departments (tax, legal and in-local finance teams)
- Manage foreign currency risks related to cash management activities
- Responsible for RFPs (Request for Proposal) for banking services and management of bank accounts – bank account opening, closings and services
- Find opportunities to use banking systems and tools to streamline processes
- Monitor regulatory or compliance requirements affecting banking, fraud prevention and treasury processes and propose strategies or solutions to address them
- Support growth and acquisitions strategies from a treasury standpoint
- Ensure strict compliance with internal controls
- Lead Treasury Department strategies as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or in a related field; Master’s degree an asset;
- CFA or CPA designation;
- Between 6-8 years of progressively responsible experience – Treasury/Corporate Finance/Financial Analysis/Relationship Management;
- Bilingualism (French and English) oral as well as written is required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Experience in the restaurant industry will be considered an asset;
- Detail-oriented, rigorous and professional;
- Initiative and autonomy - Ability to prioritize and work under a high degree of pressure;
- Results oriented.
Job Type: Full-time