Modern Landscape Group is one of the Niagara region’s premier design, build, and property maintenance companies, serving the Niagara region and beyond since 1987. We design and build award winning landscapes and provide property maintenance to a wide ranging portfolio of exclusive properties. Our team consists of individuals with wide ranging talents who work together to provide our customers with the landscape of their dreams. “There’s pride in our work, and it grows!”
Employees at Modern Landscape Group are recognized as our most valuable asset, and are always treated professionally and with respect. We offer career opportunities that could translate into full time year round employment for the right individual. Growth opportunities are limitless if you are willing to benefit from your experience at Modern Landscape Group.
Job Openings Available:
Landscape Construction Foreman:
The Landscape Construction Foreman oversees all on-site aspects of landscape construction projects, and reports to management staff regarding labour requirements, equipment needs, material deliveries, and job timelines. The foreman on the job site is responsible for proper work flow, on-site safety, customer interactions, job quality, and effective communication. Team work, communication skills, problem solving, focus on quality of work and customer satisfaction, ethics, and integrity are paramount.
Landscape Construction Skilled Labourer:
The Landscape Construction Skilled Labourer assists the landscape foreman with all aspects of the job, providing the highest quality work for our number one priority: the customer.
· Work in a construction crew of 2-4 employees
· Load and unload materials, tools and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects, provide assistance in all aspects of the landscape construction installation, such as driveways, patios, walkways, retaining walls, rock work, grading, planting, mulching, water features, etc...
· Comply with all health and safety, and company policies and procedures
· Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization on jobsites, trucks, equipment, and shop/office area
· Read and interpret landscape drawings/designs and specifications to complete the project
· Perform routine maintenance duties on tools and equipment such as cleaning and greasing and report any damage
· Operate and use typical landscape equipment such as skidsteers, excavators, stone saws, plate tampers, laser levels, wood working equipment
· Drive Trucks and Trailers, operate Equipment safely and efficiently
· Manual labour (not shy of physical work)
· Customer and quality focus
· Effective communication skills and able to follow instructions
· Team work
· Responsibility and dependability
· Ethics and integrity
· Completion of High school, college, university or other technical training
· landscape construction experience
· Ability to use typical landscape equipment such as skidsteers, excavators, stone saws, plate tampers, laser levels, wood working equipment
· Communications skills so you can be an effective team member
· Valid drivers license and reliable transportation to and from our shop and the job site
· Experience driving trucks, trailers, floating equipment, D/Z license is an asset
· Skills to perform all of the above in a safe, efficient and compliant manner
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environments
· Ability to lift min. 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the entire work day. Requires excellent stamina
· Required to work close to heavy equipment on a regular basis
· Required to work outdoors in the sun, heat, humidity, rain, cold, dust and noise
· Not afraid of responsibility and challenge
· Show up on time. Every day.
· Be ready to work with a positive attitude
Wage dependant on position and experience: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour
We appreciate your application, however, only those applicants deemed qualified for the positions will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour