Support the geotechnical and material testing department in conducting:
- Conduct various field testing including but not limited to: compaction testing, fresh concrete testing, and subgrade inspections.
- Sampling of materials for laboratory analysis.
- Preparing field reports for submission to clients.
- Supervise borehole drilling and excavation contractors and compile borehole/test pit logs.
- Assisting the Lab Manager with laboratory testing and keeping the laboratory clean and in good working conditions.
- Keeping a strong working environment with clients and subcontractors.
- Ability to carry out field work in a safe and effective manner.
Educational Certification and Qualifications
- College Diploma in the related field of study (ie: Construction/Civil Engineering Technology).
- 1 – 5 years of experience in relevant work.
- CCIL Certification is an asset.
- Valid drivers license and reliable work vehicle.
- Bilingual speaking is an asset
The ideal candidate is a team player with an elevated focus on detail and quality of work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ottawa, ON K1J 9G2