Writing Feedback Specialist / English Tutor (Online Document Reviewer) - Remote
Are you passionate about helping students to improve their writing? Are you looking for remote work to supplement your income? Join the team at Studiosity!
Studiosity, a Global Edutech company, is a world leader in the provision of 24/7, online, on-demand study support to students. Since 2004, we have delivered over one million web-based learning sessions to secondary school and tertiary students around the world. In 2019, Studiosity launched in Canada. For more information, please check out our website: https://www.studiosity.com/our-specialists.
About the role
The Writing Feedback Service is an asynchronous essay and writing review/tutoring platform. Through this service, learners submit documents for constructive feedback on their writing. This platform is available to students and Writing Feedback Specialists 24/7, and we commit to review and return all files in 24 hours or less.
The service is highly flexible, allowing Specialists to review submissions at any time, day or night. Just log in, browse the available submissions, and select one to begin.
Each submission has a fixed price based on the document’s word count. For example, a submission that is expected to take a maximum of 60 minutes of active work is paid at a starting rate of CAD $16.50; a submission that is expected to take a maximum of 30 minutes of active work is paid at CAD $8.25. Opportunities exist for longer-term tutor team members to earn an hourly rate of CAD $18.10.
Our service usage follows academic calendars, with high student usage periods from April to June, then August to November. During the remaining months, student usage is comparatively lower, and our queue system ensures fair distribution of work during these times.
For more information on the service, please refer to https://www.studiosity.com/howitworks/
This role would by highly suitable for those with a teacher or tutor background or who have experience reviewing academic documents and who are looking to earn additional income through remote teaching and/or tutoring. Our core focus is education and improving educational outcomes; we do not proofread.
Why you will love working with us
Our Writing Feedback Specialists/tutors enjoy:
- Flexible hours, comprehensive online training, and ongoing professional development.
- Ease of working from home at times that suit your lifestyle.
- An abundance of work during high student usage periods - right now!
- Holistic support including a community of friendly peers to support your remote work.
- An easy one-click invoicing and payment system.
If supporting students and providing meaningful educational experiences every day from the comfort of your own home sounds like an ideal opportunity for you, then we would love to hear from you.
- You hold a completed university bachelor’s degree or higher.
- You are able to demonstrate sound proficiency in written English so that you can tutor/teach students to do the same.
- You currently reside and have a legal right to work in Canada with a desire to work from home.
- You’re able to give clear, concise, and constructive feedback (without proofreading) on written work.
- You’re looking for flexible working hours to supplement your income.
- You have a smartphone that is capable of downloading the Studiosity Specialist app.
- You're ready to hit the ground running - our students are submitting thousands of documents each day right now!
- you will be hired as an independent contractor under Canadian law at an all-inclusive starting rate of CAD $16.50 per hour;
- as a contractor, you will be responsible for all tax withholding and other obligations from this amount.; and
- you will be required to submit documents for a background check.
- Check your working rights under your visa (if applicable) before applying.
- Complete the application form below.
- Keep an eye on your email for a response from our recruitment team (make sure you check your spam folder and mark Studiosity as a safe sender).
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract, Freelance, Seasonal
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: