Requisition ID: 338342
Site: Shared Health
Department / Unit: Prairie Mountain Health - Therapy Services
Anticipated Start Date: Open Until Filled
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Are you passionate about hearing health and improving the lives of patients through client-centered service using your skills and expertise as an Audiologist? If so, we invite you to apply to become part of our talented multidisciplinary Therapy Services team in Brandon, Manitoba. You'll provide leadership in the care of clients contributing to the assessment, planning, development, organization, implementation, and evaluation of all aspects of care related to the profession of Audiology in accordance with the College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists of Manitoba (CASLPM) standards. You'll also have the opportunity to:
- provide direct client services and consult with the public on hearing conservation matters through education and instruction
- work with a broader multidisciplinary team in the development of treatment plans, collaborating with clients and families on the planning, implementation, and progression of same
- work in partnership with management in the development and planning of services and programs
- have the opportunity to guide and supervise Audiology Assistants and Newborn Hearing Screeners
- receive generous compensation of $84 to 106K+ annually and a comprehensive pension and benefits package
- enjoy work/life balance from a Monday through Friday schedule and 15 days of vacation accrued in the first year
- benefit from professional development support and other incentives where relevant/eligible – relocation, recruitment and retention bonus (connect as below for more information)
Officially established in 2012, Prairie Mountain Health (PMH) Region located in the Manitoba’s Parkland, is working toward the vision of “health and wellness for all” by “partnering with others to promote and improve health through quality, client-centered healthcare”.
What’s Brandon got to offer? Located approximately 2 hours west of Winnipeg, this city of just over 50,000 is a unique and diverse cultural center. The cost of living is lower than most cities in Canada, and you can get anywhere within city limits in less than 15 minutes. Brandon boasts numerous parks, trails, and year-round recreational activities and is located less than 30 minutes from “cottage country”. There’s no shortage of places to shop and eat and there’s always a fair, festival, sporting event, or concert to attend. Brandon is also home to Brandon University and other post-secondary institutions.
If the above has piqued your interest, these are the qualifications and requirements for the role:
- Clinical Master’s Degree in Audiology from an accredited or approved university
- Current registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Manitoba (CASLPM)
- Membership/eligibility for membership with Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC)
- Skilled in the assessment, identification, and treatment of clients in varying ages and diagnosis
- Demonstrated proficiency in procedures related to the profession
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and internet applications, etc.
- Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle to provide service within the region
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Strong organizational, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to display independent judgment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
If you want to be an integral part of healthcare transformation in Manitoba, apply today! Be sure to include a resume and cover letter letting us know why you would be the ideal candidate.
A full job description is available upon request. For more information, connect with Angel Unrau, CPHR, SHRM-CP - Professional Recruiter, Shared Health: 204-599-4027; [email protected]; Angel Unrau on LinkedIn
- Interested candidates should select the "Apply Now" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume, and copy of licenses/certifications.
- We value and support employment equity and workplace diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
- This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.