ASSISTANT PROGRAM COORDINATOR Chinese Community Helpers Program (CCHP)
(Part-time, 22.5 hrs per week)
The Calgary Chinese Elderly Citizens’ Association is a non-profit social service organization in Chinatown established in 1985; with a mission to provide a supportive and barrier free environment to help bridge the gap, integrate and encourage Chinese older adults to live an independent, fulfilled and happy life in Canada.
1. Assist Project Program Co-ordinator of “Chinese Community Helpers” program (CCHP) to
- plan and organize focus groups, events, visits and education workshops to promote “Chinese Community Helpers” program, identify and recruit older adults to participate in the program.
- develop and modify training materials and handbook for Community Helper trainings
- identify and recruit volunteers to participate in the program and conduct the required trainings
- plan, organize and implement “One-to-one Support Services” and monthly support meeting for Community Helpers
2. Provide supervision, support and recognition for the Chinese Community Helpers (volunteers).
3. Coordinate, plan and conduct monthly community based peer support group for older adults.
4. Act as a case manager to provide direct supportive counseling and case management to complex cases
5. Act as a liaison between clients, volunteers, staff of CCECA and other organizations
6. Maintain accurate, up-to-date volunteer database and statistical records.
7. Prepare reports and collect data as required by funders
8. Require to work on Saturday when needed; flexible schedule to accommodate work related issues
9. Other duties as assigned by Project Program Co-ordinator/ Operation Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Social Work or related discipline
- One to two years in a similar capacity
- Experience in working with older adults with mental challenges and case management will be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, spoken Mandarin/Cantonese and written Chinese will be essential
- Demonstrated skills and capacities: group facilitation skills, volunteer management, collaboration and teamwork; work independently with initiative; excellent interpersonal and communication skill; a team player with strong problem solving skills, caring and empathetic in a professional and mature manner; valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle Thank you in advance for your interest in this position , only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
- Non Profit, seniors, social work or related area: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Mandarin, Cantonese, English (Required)