Sales and Marketing Supervisor - Abbotsford, BC
We're Growing - Join Us!
At SpeedLine, you’ll work with experienced, dedicated, fun people to create and support our innovative point of sale (POS) software products that help restaurant operators and chain executives across North America succeed. We're growing quickly and looking for talented people to join us in providing current and next generation POS solutions (built on the latest cloud technologies) that restaurant companies use to deliver millions of pizzas every week.
- A competitive compensation and commission structure provides open earnings potential.
- Extended health, dental, vision care, as well as travel and life insurance.
- Annual salary and performance reviews, with regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Career development, comprehensive training, and tuition reimbursement.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long-term success.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable, business casual dress.
- Customize your work space.
- Employee and peer formal recognition programs.
- Monthly staff breakfast or lunch events.
- An experienced team of 80+ employees averaging 6+ years SpeedLine employment experience.
- End of year holiday party with dinner and prizes.
- Free parking.
- Free employee Wi-Fi.
- Games Room with ping pong, darts, foosball, and rod-hockey, including tournaments.
- Multiple kitchenettes convenient to each department.
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- Spacious main lunch room with fully functioning kitchen (don’t just bring your lunch, make it fresh) and a balcony to enjoy your coffee or lunch outdoors.
- Comfy, relaxing lounge with a big screen TV.
- Nearby shopping and restaurants.
The Sales & Marketing Supervisor is responsible to oversee projects, monitor staff productivity, and ensure compliance with company policies and practices for both the Sales and Marketing departments. The incumbent is results-oriented, with the ability to build and manage internal projects and support the Sales & Marketing Director as needed.
This position will oversee some day-to-day activities such as cold calling quotas, analyzing the CRM system data, and proofing materials prior to release. The supervisor will not have staff reporting to him/her.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, under the direction of the Sales & Marketing Director, towards the success of the Sales and Marketing departments.
- Plan, execute, and monitor department projects.
- Stay current with the pizza industry through regular research, analysis and evaluation of industry and market conditions. (e.g., reading industry magazines, and reviewing credible blogs). Research, analyze, and evaluate industry and market conditions.
- Implement, and at times develop, programs to solicit feedback, build community, and help customers derive value from, and recognize the strategic value of, their SpeedLine software.
- Act as a liaison for the planning and implementation of trade shows and customer conventions; review the results with Sales to establish effectiveness and implement changes or enhancements.
- Be first point of escalation for unresolved issues from the team that require research, tracking, and possible resolution, prior to escalating to the Sales & Marketing Director.
- Develop, implement, and maintain reporting for performance metrics, and programs.
- Assist in the orientation, training, and coaching of new and existing team members.
- Review and sign-off on deals for accuracy, content and value, while mentoring the Sales team to ensure they follow the established processes, demonstrate credible expertise on the prospects’ business, and ensure they deliver value added insights into running a better business.
- Draft compelling sales emails and telephone scripts, responses to RFP’s, and write or edit customer proposals.
- Monitor sales calls and demonstrations for quality.
- Track the development of content, and production of advertising including ad placements, marketing collateral, and the company website, shaping messaging to communicate brand promises, educate customers and prospects, deliver value-added service, and drive sales.
- Track the development and implementation of customer communications and ongoing training tools, including newsletters, social media channels, and dedicated websites.
- Edit and proofread marketing copy.
Skills We Require:
- Minimum 5 years B2B sales & marketing experience with a record of exceeding quotas.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in inside sales either as an individual contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or equivalent experience in a relevant business, sales, or marketing discipline.
- Sales experience that includes writing phone scripts, performing technical demonstrations, writing proposals, and responding to RFP’s.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics and projections, and ability to analyze results and recommend/initiate changes as needed, demonstrating excellent ability to write and implement processes.
- Marketing experience that includes project management, content management systems, marketing automation tools, email marketing, public relations, social media, online advertising, and event planning.
- Solid understanding of marketing performance metrics and projections, with the ability to analyze results and initiate changes as needed.
- Experience managing multiple projects requiring both cross-department and external resources.
- Ability to understand complex technologies and interpret/communicate concepts to the team in a way that allows them to clearly communicate to prospective customers how our product would improve their business.
- Detail-oriented multitasker with strong proofreading, editing, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Valid BC driver’s license, valid passport and ability to travel to the United States.
Who We Are:
We are a leading tech employer in the Fraser Valley since 1990, and a Top 100 Tech Company in British Columbia, that prides itself in ensuring a work/life balance and personal growth for all of our employees.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. We have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains.
- We deliver products and service that make our customers more successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it.
- We work full, busy days, but outrageous long hours are not in our DNA. We believe in work/life balance, and we live it.
- Easy freeway access means our head office is an easy commute from anywhere in the Fraser Valley. It’s a lot easier to have a life when you don’t spend all your time in the car.
- Our counterparts at our US subsidiary spend much of their time on site at customers’ restaurant locations and offices—but they work from a home base only minutes away from our headquarters.
- A great product and reputation attracts strong talent. All of that adds up to an attractive place to work—and an experienced and tenured team.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please include, using PDF format only, your resume and cover letter with the subject line "Sales & Marketing Supervisor - Your Name".
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada .
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To obtain more information and view our “Working at SpeedLine” video, visit our website at www.speedlinesolutions.com/careers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
SpeedLine Solutions cares about the health and wellness of our current and potential employees. We have taken all of the necessary steps to ensure that our workplace is clean and sanitized and have all policies in place to help our team remain safe.
- Inside Sales: 2 years (Required)
- B2B Sales & Marketing: 5 years (Required)
- Project Management: 1 year (Required)