- 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- 5+ years management of technical, customer facing resources
Amazon is a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and collaborative technical managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, account planning, and influencing skills. In collaboration with sales, you will help support revenue growth across a broad set of technology leaders, innovators, and disruptors in Ontario. Your team will help customers architect highly scalable and available workloads, cloud native applications, and innovative solutions in various technology domains such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), and Serverless computing. If you are someone who likes to tackle complex challenges, AWS is hiring Managers for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. We are looking for leaders who love learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. We need innovative leaders who can look beyond the technology and consider the value our technology creates for our customers, and can help change how our technology is viewed. This is critical for the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services teams, as well as representing your team to executive management.
OTHER KEY CHARACTERISTICS
Fun to work with!! In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun, while maintaining a work-life balance. We look for leaders who are creative and who are willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact for their team, for the company and for our customers.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or a similar role and experience managing a team of a Solution Architects. You will have an ability to maintain your hands-on technical expertise as well as a passion for learning and developing new skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform.
- Hire, on-board, coach, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be “Cloud advocates”.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices. Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF, etc.)
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Demonstrated presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated written communication skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority /
Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.