- 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
- 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- 5+ years management of technical, customer facing resources
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Managers for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud solutions experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of Solutions Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
40% Travel is required.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly