*** FULL-TIME AVAILABILITY FOR SHORT, MEDIUM OR LONG TERM REPLACEMENTS ***
Person who, based on their thorough knowledge of a division’s or program’s functioning, accomplishes a range of administrative tasks according to established methods and complex procedures that they will modify as needed. Their responsibilities generally and mainly include secretarial tasks, automated office work, as well as the opening and management of administrative or patient files or handling of data requiring specific knowledge. They are required to have knowledge of the functioning of computerized office equipment, as well as provide technical support to the users of this equipment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to all calls and inquiries about a patient
- Organizes clinic appointments by phone or in person
- Registers patients upon arrival to office
- Opens and maintains files for each patient
- Transcribe all correspondence from dictation
- Files all documentation in dossiers including:
o Referral notes from other doctors
o Referral notes to referring doctors
o All results of tests,( x-rays, blood tests, scans, etc)
- Completes requisitions for any testing required
- Arranges consultations required and also explains any-procedure requirements
- Schedules meetings for any committee physician may be involved in
- Ordering and stocking of supplies for office and examination rooms
- Arranges rounds, teaching sessions for Division, as required
- Greets medical students/residents/fellows
- Keeps on-call schedule
- Billing and reconciliation of statements. Private insurance billing as required.
- Any and all other duties/responsibilities as required by Divisional Chief
Safe delivery of care and services and risk prevention
- Ensures the safety of users in the activities and interventions performed and this, regardless of function and location (washing hands, infection prevention, falls prevention, etc.).
- Assures and maintains patient safety, privacy and confidentiality.
- High school diploma or equivalent recognized by the Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sport.
- Office automation training, an asset
- 2-3 years related hospital experience, an asset
- Computer skills
*** Candidates will be subjected to administrative tests.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach your resume to assert your entire career path.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.
Password Strength Info
Uploaded files: % () Total files:Uploading file:Elapsed time: Estimated time: