Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
The Controller will implement ERP and other business systems, and build the business infrastructure with Operations, Sales, and Supply Chain. The Controller will also own the month-end close process, operational accounting, financial controls, technical accounting. This role is ideal for a flexible, detailed and high energy finance professional who likes to work in a start-up environment. You will have broad responsibility, the opportunity to improve processes, and build a growing business. The role will be based in Toronto, Canada and report directly to our San Francisco based Chief Financial Officer.
What You Will Do
- Drive company-wide business systems (Netsuite ERP), CRM and Case Management (Salesforce), Ecommerce (Woo Commerce or Shopify), and Dell Boomi middleware to optimize workflows, activate and tune modules, resolve technical issues, and manage IT consulting firms on implementation and technical support
- Work with operations groups and IT consultants to integrate various external systems (3PL warehouses, other 3rd parties) and internal systems (e.g. integrating Salesforce with Netsuite)
- Be the admin for several of these systems to monitor performance, resolve issues
- Coordinate the outsourced accounting team (India based Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant, Junior Accountant) on daily operations and month-end close and reporting and adherence to policies and procedures
- Partner with CFO and FP&A leader on the financial audit process
- Perform account analyses, schedule preparation, financial statement preparation, and coordinate audit testing
- Manage the outsourced accounting team on much of the account analysis, audit testing, etc.
- Work with supply chain, order management, logistics and warehouse operations on business processes that impact system transactions and operational efficiency
- Be the technical expert on the financial modules of our ERP system
Who You are
- At least a B.S. in Accounting or A.A. Degree in Accounting/Finance and/or equivalent years of applicable experience
- 10 to 15 years of cumulative work experience, including Manufacturing or Distribution Industry experience with a medium to large company ( > $50M revenue) operating on an ERP system
- People and program management experience
- Solid IT systems skills and working knowledge---- architecting, implementing and managing processes and systems
- Hands-on and detail-oriented, this is not a role for someone who wants to delegate and manage
- ERP system experience required (anything from Great Plains to SAP)
- Strong interpersonal skills as you will interact with various depts and external groups
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Developing processes and implementing systems from scratch
- Prior experience with a hardware business including inventory and supply chain, order fulfillment and logistics and their associated workflows and system configuration
- Certifications with various Software applications (ERP, CRM, Middleware) a plus