Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country.
Commissionaires is the leading supplier of security services for the federal government. From access control and front desk security, to 24/7 control room operations, we provide high-level security services to our federal clients.
We are looking for a guards to work on a casual on call basis at a high profile site in West Vancouver.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain valuable experience as a stepping stone into a law enforcement career
- Competitive hourly wages
- Chance to work at high profile site
- Free uniforms
- Training and support to succeed in your role
You’re a good fit if you have…
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public
- Positive and professional attitude, with strong customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, and equipment such as faxes and photocopiers
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner
- Excellent multi-tasking, prioritizing, and organizational abilities
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions under pressure
- Physically fit, and able to conduct extensive foot patrols both indoors and outdoors in a range of weather conditions
- Interior and exterior patrols, including the parking area
- Performing required facility inspections to ensure integrity of site including checking water/fish tanks, valves and other facility equipment on a regular basis
- Access Control and visitor verification
- Responding to potential protesters or media
- Monitoring all incoming mail
- First responder in building emergencies such as evacuations and medical emergencies
- Following specific emergency and alarm response protocols.
Your Must Haves …
- Valid BC Security License
- Have lived in Canada for a minimum of 5 years due to clearance requirements
- OFA 1 or willing to obtain one