Purchasing and Production Coordinator (reference number: C0151)
Are you searching for a challenging career in a competitive and growing organization?
Who we are:
Canadian Gem Inc. is a leading North American pearl jewellery manufacturing and distribution company. Based in Montreal, Canada, with an office in Hong Kong, Canadian Gem is a trailblazer in the importation of genuine cultured pearls from Asia and Australia.
Permanent, full time, non-unionized position (with possibility of advancement within the company)
The Purchasing and Production Coordinator supports the integrity and ensures the optimal performance of the purchasing, production and shipment processes.
Direct Report: Operations Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinates operations and activities, including purchasing, production, quality assurance and shipping/delivery:
· Creates and coordinates production orders.
· Places purchase orders with suppliers and ensures timely delivery of components.
· Coordinates timely requisition of components from departments.
· Oversees quality assurance processes and ensures quality of final product.
· Ensures orders are shipped by the Order Desk on time and as promised.
Supervises production team
· Directs the production team’s priorities, work process/flow and day-to-day activities.
· Assesses the production department’s production levels and performance capacity.
· Ensures production departments regularly take stock of inventory.
Undertakes other related tasks, as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Undergraduate degree in Commerce, General Management or related field, or a combination of training and equivalent experience.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in the areas of operations/product coordination, management, purchasing, and/or in the jewellery industry.
Linguistic and technical requirements
· English (spoken and written) working knowledge of French.
· Proficiency in MS Outlook, MS Excel (essential); Proficiency in MS Dynamics Navision (an asset).
Other qualifying skills and abilities
· Professional work ethic and integrity.
· Analytic thinking, rigorous and detail-oriented.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and meet deadlines.
· Strong ability to analyze issues, find effective solutions, make decisions and problem solve.
· Ability to manage a high work volume and multiple files simultaneously.
· Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· Solid communication skills, motivating.
· Solid monitoring skills (processes, practices, materials, work environment).
· Strong sense of initiative, autonomy and resourcefulness.
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs/week (overtime hours may be required during peak seasons).
Salary Range: $CAD 35, 000 - $CAD 40,000 (salary based on qualifications/experience).
· Annual bonus based on performance.
· Group insurance partially subsidized by employer: medical, dental, life, coverage for dependents.
· Two-week paid vacation at start; sick and personal days.
· Employee discount on company products.
· Downtown Montreal location – easily accessible by public transit - great panoramic view from the offices.
How to Apply:
Please submit one document, which includes your curriculum vitae and a short cover letter stating why you think you are the best candidate for this position.
Application deadline: February 7th, 2020.
Diversity and Inclusion: Canadian Gem strives to ensure a respectful and inclusive workplace.
Canadian Gem thanks all candidates for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that applications will be kept for 6 months, in the event other opportunities become available within the organization.
Post Date: Monday January 20th, 2020
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein
Salaire : 35 000,00$ à 40 000,00$ /année