FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
D&B Flagging & Traffic Control Services is looking to recruit a positive, hard working professional to oversee day-to-day operations of the business. D&B has been servicing the Kootenay region since 2002, from road construction to fallen trees or accidents our certified traffic control team alert vehicles of the appropriate action to take using standardized symbols and actions.
The Manager is responsible for the following, which includes but is not limited to:
- Oversee the hiring, supervision, training and retention of positive and hard-working individuals to become members of the D&B Flagging
- Work closely with D&B support staff on all Human Resources responsibilities.
- Work closely with the finance department in regards to payroll preparation, daily dispatch sheets/time ticket sign off and all client invoicing.
- Monitoring weather to forecast possible roadwork-project shutdowns/start-ups.
- Handling all aspects of traffic control equipment and inventory as well as maintaining the truck fleet.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with contractors and industry.
- Sales - develop, manage and bid on contracts.
- Inspecting work zones and traffic management plans with a high standard and in alignment with Worksafe & the Ministry of Transportation requirements.
- Develop, enforce and continue to update all company policies and established procedures.
- Ensure all permitting, license regulations, and reporting are managed and up-to-date.
- Develop and manage safety and security procedures pertaining to operations and employees of the company.
- Coordination with dispatch about staff coverage for all projects.
- Creating extensive, site specific Traffic Management Plans (referencing Traffic Management Manual for Work on Roadways), using Invarion RapidPlan, for permits and lane closures.
- Coordinating 25+ staff members for various projects spread throughout the Kootenays, National Parks, southern interior & Alberta.
- Assistance in booking accommodations for staff for out of region projects.
- Completing, following and monitoring the annual budget in coordination with the D&B Board of Directors.
- Relief for flaggers during long shifts or staff shortages.
- Auditing pre-trip and post trip vehicle log books of the truck fleet to ensure employees are following the D&B vehicle use policy.
- Sharing ideas on how to continue diversifying the services of D&B Flagging and Traffic Control.
- Taking over 24/7 dispatch when required (vacations, illness, etc.)
- Coordinate with Ministry of Transportation & Clients for work approvals.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
- 3+ years of flagging experience preferred.
- A positive and professional record of accomplishment.
- 3+ years of management experience preferred.
- Physically fit and have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Highly motivated and able to prioritize and organize multiple work sites at once.
- High degree of professionalism when interacting with staff, partners, and clients.
- Ability to work independently.
- Valid First Aid Certificate preferred.
- WHMIS Certification preferred.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License mandatory.
- Must be willing to undergo Criminal Records Check.
REMUNERATION: Salary to commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please submit your cover letter and resume marked “confidential” to:
Closing Date: The posting will remain open until the successful candidate is selected.
Thank you to all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time