EatWell Health Centre is an eating disorder treatment centre located in downtown Toronto, steps from Union Station. Our team of professionals includes a psychiatrist, medical doctors, psychologists, psychotherapists and naturopathic doctors who work closely together to provide comprehensive care to patients struggling with disordered eating.
We are looking for a therapy professional to add to our team who will see patients with anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, orthorexia and OSFED.
Applicants should have a masters level degree or above and experience working directly with patients in client-facing practice. Experience working with eating disorders is a major benefit but we would welcome applicants who have an interest in eating disorders, who are willing and able to learn quickly. Our new therapist should be passionate, hard-working and team-oriented.
- Accountable for overall therapeutic care i.e. the assessment, treatment planning and outcomes of care in a one-on-one treatment setting
- Collaborate with inter-professional team in providing patient focused care and determine need for additional or alternative services.
- Design a treatment plan considering evidence-based information, relevant best practice guidelines and clinical expertise
- Organize workload considering client and needs
- Maintain daily and weekly records of client care activity
- Communicate effectively with patients
Skills & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a PhD or Master's Degree in Psychology, Psychotherapy, Social Work or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of clinical experience (bonus if experience treating eating disorders)
- Registered with the appropriate College in good standing
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to integrate client-centered care into clinical practice
- Flexibility to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, independently, and with various individuals or groups
- Demonstrated ability in problem-solving, critical thinking and creativity to generate new solutions
- Commitment to service excellence including continuing education and continuous quality improvement.
Interested parties are invited to apply with their cover letter and CV
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Temporarily due to COVID-19