Are you a Finance Professional who shares our core values of integrity, teamwork, innovation, quality, and is enthusiastic about working in the healthcare industry?
Do you have a passion for accounting, reporting & analysis and financial leadership?
Do you have a desire to make a difference in your community by challenging the status quo and driving continuous improvement?
This could be the role for you!
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health and Long Term Care) funded organization. At CTG, we Enrich Lives and Change Tomorrow by providing a wide spectrum of unparalleled quality services in the community.
Our team of service healthcare professionals delivers care to thousands of clients each day enabling people to remain in their homes, attend clinics and to close the gap between their healthcare needs and overall well-being, caring the way we care for our loved ones.
As CTG’s Accounting Manager:
- You will lead a high functioning team à general accounting & reporting, accounts receivable & collections, billing and accounts payable
- You thrive in a fast paced and complex environment à ever-evolving provincial healthcare landscape
- You are responsible for the timely reporting of financial results à month-end and year-end
- You perform financial analysis à profitability reviews, monthly variance analysis, evaluation of new growth opportunities, compensation model proposals
- You love financial modelling and will lead the annual budgeting process à work closely with operational managers, directors and executives
- You plan and execute the annual audit à consolidation, adjustments, issuance of financial statements, corporate tax returns
- You roll up your sleeves à investigate and resolve non-routine accounting and financial matters
- You hold monthly as well as regular 1:1 meetings with your team
- You are a financial business partner à working closely with operations teams to support financial decision making
- You know strong internal controls are of the utmost importance à ensuring IT controls & automation are in place, adherence to billing and AR policies, account reconciliations, enforcement of signing authority
- You not only recommend process improvements, but think innovatively and collaboratively to make it happen
- You like a challenge and will take on special projects as assigned!
As CTG’s Accounting Manager, you will have:
- Completed a Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent, CPA accounting designation required
- 5+ years of progressive accounting, reporting and management experience, with a minimum of 2 years leading a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to balance priorities effectively
- A desire to continuously learn and grow
- Advanced Excel skills in the use of pivot tables and vlookups
- Strong work ethic, integrity, flexible and adaptable approach
- The ability to identify & solve problems using logic and judgement
TG offers flexible hours, a comprehensive compensation package, and a positive culture that provides discipline specific professional support and education.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to submit an application, please email the Human Resource Department.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all of the essential requirements stated above.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to visit our website to apply for this position. www.closingthegap.ca/careers
Job Type: Permanent
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)