Job Posting for a Conveyancer in the Trail Office
Thompson LeRose & Brown is a firm in Trail and Castlegar, British Columbia, that has been in business since 1948 and provides to our community mainly with business law services including residential real estate, commercial lending and real estate, wills and estates, corporate as well as litigation and criminal.
Contact: Bruce A. LeRose, Q.C.
Job Type/Category: Full Time, Real Estate Conveyancer
Overview: Thompson LeRose & Brown is seeking a real estate legal assistant/paralegal to join our firm. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, senior professional that thrives on work that is both interesting and complex within a Solicitor’s practice. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of its busy practice including drafting, reviewing, and analyzing contracts of purchase and sale, conducting title/due diligence searches, and all matters related to Real Estate closings including financing.
· Administers files from start to finish.
· Prepares documents with respect to purchases and sales of various types of residential and commercial properties, financing, deposits and payouts.
· Responsible for Land Title and Authority registrations, amendments and discharges.
· Prepares and diarizes summaries of key transaction dates and conducts title and off-title due diligence searches.
· Prepares all internal documents relating to trust transactions.
· Prepares discharge of mortgages and reporting discharge particulars to financial institutions.
· Prepares and finalize reporting letters and diarize key post-closing dates and tasks.
· Communicates with vendors, purchasers, financial institutions, clients, lawyers, brokers and others.
· Engages in direct phone and email communications with clients and others.
· Other administrative support as required in coordination with existing administrative assistants.
· Maintains confidentiality of the Firm and client information.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Completion of a Legal Assistant or Paralegal Diploma/Certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution OR two years’ experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal in Solicitor’s practice or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
· Working computer knowledge including: MS Word, MS Outlook, PC Law, Pro-Suite conveyancing programs and Adobe.
· Working knowledge of various applicable databases including BC Online, LTSA, municipal tax searches, etc.
· Strong understanding of BC Land Title Office registration requirements and capability with e-filing including coordination of electronic meets.
· Knowledgeable in litigation matters relating to land (eg claims of builders lien, certificates of pending litigation and judgments).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Our office is following the Provincial Orders and guidelines with respect to COVID19.