From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners (employees) who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
“We are building an enduring company, with mission and values grounded in the human experience”
– Kevin Johnson, Starbucks Coffee Company
This job contributes to Starbucks success by administering Starbucks benefit and time off plans and communicating information about them to Starbucks partners. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
As a sr. benefits specialist you will:
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Audits benefits plans to ensure compliance with benefits laws and regulations. Assists in development of audit processes. Participates in related testing and reporting projects
- Conduct analyses of plan design and utilization. Collaborate on plan design changes and assist or manage implementation of design changes to facilitate benefits administration and support Starbucks culture, business needs and budgetary goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners as part of the management of day-to-day plan administration and special projects. Serve as a role model and mentor to benefits team members and assists in their development
- Identify and implement process changes to Starbucks benefit plans. Enhance partner service, make more efficient use of resources, and support Starbucks culture and business needs
- Serve as project lead for special benefits projects, including open enrollment, systems upgrade and changes, and communications to internal and external partners
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the systems and technology that support the administration of Starbucks benefits programs, and participate in their maintenance and development
- Represent benefits team at partner meetings and provide information about Starbucks benefits programs. Represent the Starbucks culture by educating other Starbucks partners, vendors and external customers, peers and the public on Starbucks Mission and Core Values
- 5+ years of employee benefits administration
- 3+ years of plan design and analysis
- 3+ years of team leadership
- 2+ years of project management
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of related systems and technologies
- Technical knowledge of federal and provincial benefit laws and regulations
- Bilingual fluency (French and English) as an asset
- GBA or CEBS designation an asset
Let us give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself. It’s time for you #tobeapartner. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, provincial, and local ordinances.
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!