Who We Are:
Ashcroft Homes is recognized as one of Ottawa’s most innovative and accomplished builders. Spanning over two decades of excellence, Ashcroft has built thousands of homes in the Greater Ottawa Area from master-planned, low-rise communities to vibrant retirement residences, and premier student housing, to modern, high-rise condominiums. Through all our developments, we offer outstanding lifestyles to diverse groups of residents across the age spectrum. With a growing portfolio and our pulse on the market, we aim for high-levels of success across all our brands and projects.
Ashcroft is committed to innovation, a progressive and modern approach to business, and a level of trust and empowerment that creates confident staff. We strive to be transparent and we work hard at creating an exceptional, welcoming family here at Ashcroft. You can expect to be part of a skilled, motivated, and passionate team in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
The key overall objective of the Director of Marketing position is to achieve the company’s lead generation goals by creating, managing and implementing strategies that are flexible, measurable and adaptable in order to achieve results, and by developing and leading a high-performing marketing team. As Director of Marketing, you report to the Chief Operations Officer and are responsible for generating leads and support for the sales teams, managing the Ashcroft brands: Ashcroft Homes, Alavida Lifestyles and Envie Student, managing the marketing budget and providing leadership to a marketing team. The ideal candidate should have experience in brand creation to brand implementation.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Support the vision of the Owner & CEO of Ashcroft Homes by translating the company vision into strategic marketing plans using market data, measurable goals, budget breakdowns and evaluation metrics.
- Work with the management teams of Ashcroft Homes, Alavida Lifestyles and Envie Student to understand their goals and plan creative campaigns collectively as a team to reach milestones.
- Collect, analyze and report on data from the CRM system and marketing analytics. You will work with the Director of Sales to dissect the CRM data and collectively work on strategies for the sales success of the company, and develop the marketing team’s skills on the CRM system.
- Develop and maintain the annual (or project cycle) strategic marketing plans for Ashcroft, Alavida Lifestyles and Envie Student, in collaboration with the Director of Sales to align marketing goals and targets with sales goals.
- Build and foster relationships with suppliers and partners (media, virtual tours, industry events, print, etc.).
- Prepare and present detailed marketing reports weekly for team meetings. Responsible for supplying requested reports as necessary, such as focus groups, survey results, event reports, analysis of new markets.
- Provide progressive leadership to a team of 3 Marketing Specialists, including regular performance feedback and action plans with specific goal setting, transparency of decision-making, motivation and inspiration, and review and provide critical feedback of all digital and print marketing tactics.
- Liaise with architectural and interior design department to provide direction on brand consistency within new developments, produce signage and artwork, and contribute to the planning of interior and exterior elements.
- Meet urgent needs for lead generation goals by adapting strategies quickly and effectively, analyzing results and making informed decisions.
- Establish and manage marketing budgets for each Ashcroft brand, including processing invoices and tracking payments.
- Develop and organize the workflow of the marketing team to ensure deadlines are met and expectations are set with the sales and management teams.
- Together with the sales and marketing teams, coordinate lead-generating events such as tradeshows and open houses.
- Ensure the social media channels, digital and print marketing efforts and websites are managed in accordance with brand standards and provide creative direction to the marketing team.
- Provide marketing support for the sales team by producing sales packages, sales centre interior graphics and signage, promotional material, digital renderings, floorplan designs and swag.
- Manage and execute on marketing tactics when coverage is needed or workload is high, by producing high-level design and communication content, as well as front-end website support (Wordpress).
- Take full accountability and ownership of marketing decisions and efforts, meeting lead generation goals, and being the expert/go-to on the Ashcroft brands and their brand stories.
- Keep updated with the latest marketing trends and solutions, as well as competitive market analysis to ensure that the company is well-positioned against competitors.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Above all, we are looking for the right personality to fit the role. We need a creative yet strategic mind that has an approachable, “get-it-done” attitude and the ability to work with a variety of internal teams.
- Past experience in brand creation to implementation is an asset
- Proactive, positive, professional, solution-oriented, and dedicated to the goals of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications & Design, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of experience in a senior marketing management role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets.
- Prior marketing experience in home development, student housing or retirement living is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present strategy, ideas and results to staff members at every level of the organization.
- Strong graphic design, copy-writing and editing skills, attention to detail and overall quality assurance is critical.
- Website design and UI/UX experience an asset.
- Excellent technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, and comfortable making edits/updates in Wordpress.
- Understanding of social media and digital platforms, techniques, and effective strategies for them, such as Google Analytics & Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and paid digital platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency using a CRM system and analyzing lead data.
- Experience in traditional marketing such as billboards, tradeshows, community initiatives, mail-outs (including Canada Post data analysis).
- Ability to present ideas and rationale to the Executive Team and educate the team on the marketing strategies.
- Experience working in close collaboration with sales and operations departments, with an understanding of the roles and responsibilities within the marketing & sales “funnel” to leverage the skill sets within both teams and ultimately deliver on qualified leads.
- A strong leader. To us, this means someone with a progressive and modern leadership style that believes in developing their team’s skills and setting the ground work for them to succeed and grow, who has open communication with their team and inspires them to achieve, who is passionate about their role and will do what it takes to meet targets and goals, and who plays an integral role in high-level business decisions and planning.
Ashcroft Homes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Ashcroft Homes will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)