The Materials Coordinator is responsible for the substantial inventory assets and annual materials expenditures. Specifically including storage, replenishment, computerized tracking and audit/control compliance. Inventory control is an important part of our Client's overall Maintenance Strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Improve the quality of Purchase Order Requisitions for Direct Purchase materials, for example: ensure correct coding, ensure completeness, avoid duplication of in-stock materials, look for opportunities to purchase at lower unit costs, and identify waste.
- Maintenance Planners to add new items, and monitor subsequent usage. Facilitate non-routine purchases requiring technical input from subject matter experts.
- Administrate service, rental, operational and supply contracts. For example: radios, scrap bins, freight, tools & equipment, safety supplies, coveralls, chemicals, and consumables
- Manage on-site spare parts inventory; align practices with the right combination of stock held on-site, vendor managed, and just in time, ensuring critical spares are available when necessary.
- Ensure maintenance work requiring Direct Purchase materials moves smoothly through the identify-plan-schedule-execute-review cycle, for example: verify material receipt and physical location. Act as Computerized Maintenance Management System superuser to improve workflow processes.
- Report to superintendents on Stores compliance with issuing, receiving and return procedures, and good housekeeping.
- Develop relationships with other internal departments. Streamline information and approval flows, challenge inefficiencies, work to improve administrative processes.
- Support Planning and execution of project work such as: facilitating the pre-staging of materials, ensuring accurate issuing, replenishing or rebuilding cores afterwards. Track and update the status of parts sent out for rebuild. Responsible for decision to rebuild or discard cores.
- Supply Chain Management Professional designation or equivalent training and experience
- Familiarity with 'IBM Maximo' or equivalent Computerized Maintenance Management System preferred. High level of proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning systems and Electronic Data Interchanges in general.
- Trades background or aptitude and familiarity with technical specifications commonly used by heavy industrial trades - Millwright, Ironworker, Electrician, Machinist, Heavy Duty Mechanic etc. Knowledge of local suppliers of same.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
SCHEDULE: Monday - Thursday; 10 hour days.
CONTRACT: Approx start date and duration, ASAP - 6 months to start
HOURLY RATE/INCENTIVES: TBD
***This client is looking for a permanent employee for this role, so although we are advertising for a contract role, there is opportunity for long term employment directly with the client for the right candidate***
Reference Job ID #198
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Type: Contract