Gateman-Milloy Inc. is an award-winning firm specializing in site development, ICI construction and property maintenance. Since 1982 we have been creating all the best places. We pride ourselves on the excellent reputation we have built over the years; it has been earned through the completion of many successful projects and quality relationships.
Our reputation as a leading construction services provider is built on the following principals:
Professionalism, Trust, Team, Problem Solving, Reliability & Innovation.
We are currently recruiting Landscape Construction Labourers to join our Site Development & Landscape Construction team. A Construction Labourer works at our construction projects assisting with duties such as drainage and irrigation, pipe-laying, backfilling, grading, raking, shoveling, planting, sodding, seeding and plant bedding. Construction Labourers work under the direction of a Foreman or Site Supervisor.
What you’ll be doing:
· Following work instructions given by the Site Supervisor or Foreman
· Assisting staff with grading, gravel installation, sod laying, planting, watering, digging, raking, trenching, etc.
· Operating various equipment, machinery and tools efficiently and safely to complete scope of work
· Following company policies and procedures, OHSA regulations and safety policies
· Other duties as assigned by the Foreman or Site Supervisor
What we offer:
· Competitive wages
· Company paid group benefits
· Company sponsored pension plan
· Steady hours and long working season
· Opportunities for work during winter season
· Advancement opportunities
· Previous landscape construction experience considered an asset
· A high school diploma or G.E.D. is preferred
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent