Air Safety Investigator-MON16998
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Represent Bombardier, and liaise with State Safety Boards, on Incident and Accident investigations involving Bombardier Business Aircraft products.
- Manage and oversee all Bombardier support to State Safety Board investigations.
- Lead Bombardier technical teams at accident sites, teardowns, testing and other investigation activities.
- Represent ASIO in Bombardier Business Aircraft Continuing Airworthiness activities.
- Maintain and update the database of Incidents and Accidents on Bombardier Business Aircraft products.
- Understand and apply the legal concepts related to product liability.
- Analyze, identify, and report on data trends within the Product Lines.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, prepare investigation reports.
- Air Safety Investigators are on call outside regular work hours.
- Air Safety Investigators travel on short notice to remote locations.
As our ideal candidate,
- You must have work experience in at least one of: aerospace engineering, aircraft maintenance, flight operations.
- You must have a solid understanding of aircraft systems, maintenance, engineering principles, and flight operations.
- You must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the aviation industry.
- You must have at least one of: a university degree in Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent, an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license, or a commercial pilot’s license.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and French; Spanish is an asset.
- You must be self-motivated with excellent planning, problem solving and organizational skills.
- You must be able to understand and interpret aircraft manuals, procedures, schematics, drawings, etc.
- You must have proficiency working with computers and standard office applications.
- You must be able to adapt quickly to new software tools.
- Completion of a Certificate in Accident Investigation is an asset.
- Bombardier Business Aircraft type ratings (pilot and/or maintenance) are an asset.
- An understanding of civil aircraft certification requirements is an asset.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
24.01.2020, 7:45:32 AM