We are a law firm in Markham, Ontario that is currently seeking a highly motivated Real Estate Legal Assistant/Law Clerk with a minimum of 1-3 years experience to join our team.
- Assist in the completion of residential real estate transactions (purchase, sale, and refinance) from start to finish
- Conduct title and writ searches, prepare requisitions, charges, deeds, and discharges
- Prepare correspondences, complete client intake, communicate with internal and external clients in a professional manner
- File opening and file management on Conveyancer
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings, conduct docketing and billing, and other administrative tasks as required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in residential real estate law
- Successful completion of law clerk or legal assistant diploma (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in Teraview, Conveyancer, PCLaw, and Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communication, organization, attention to detail, and prioritization skills. Ability to work well under pressure and handle a large volume of files
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Fluency in English.
- Access to own vehicle is required
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter to be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.50 to $35.00 /hour
- to join our team: 1 year (Required)