Job Description: Finance and Administrative Manager
Tollendale Village - Simcoe County Christian Seniors Home Inc. (SCCSHI) operates Tollendale Village which is an independent living Christian retirement community that provides accommodation for self-reliant seniors.
Mission of Tollendale Village Retirement Community: To provide self-reliant seniors with a residential setting and the opportunity to participate in community life in an environment that is guided by Christian values and principles.
Finance & Administration Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Administration Manager supervises the Bookkeeper, Property & Leasing Administrator, and Administrative Assistant in a general office environment to ensure all financial transactions are properly accounted for, unit re-leasing occurs in an efficient manner and the office is run in an efficient and professional manner.
- Act as a resource for the Executive Director, Department Heads and staff on issues or concerns regarding financial matters
- Liaise with staff and various stake holders (i.e. members, investors, residents, staff, board members, vendors, etc.)
- Be an active member of various committees
- Provide support and training to department staff
- Conduct annual performance reviews for department staff
- Oversee the day to day functions of the Administration department
- Act as one of Mill Creek Care Centre Signing Officers
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures as well as internal controls
- Plan, develop, maintain and monitor financial information systems
- Private investment management
- Payroll & benefits administration
- Government remittances & returns
- Maintenance of Reserve Fund Study
- T4 slips, T5 slips, donation receipts and rent receipts
- Annual audit of resident committees financial books (Tenant Committee and Woodworking Shop)
- Accounting designation (CPA) or advanced stage of obtaining a designation.
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience including previous management experience.
- Experience with accounting software (preferably Quickbooks), proficiency in Excel and an excellent working knowledge of MS Office and computers in general.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for figures, attention to detail, and effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizations skills and an ability to prioritize.
Interested parties please send covering letter and resume by email only
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)