IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care. and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At NYGH, our team is making a world of difference. NYGH has recently been ranked the #2 Hospital in Canada by Newsweek.
You will provide leadership for the organization’s strategy, annual operational planning and analytics portfolios including responsibility for the development, implementation and alignment of the organization’s strategic, operational and analytics planning and support activities. You will provide empowering leadership to your high performing teams and you will proactively develop and nurture relationships, partnerships and strategic initiatives with a broad range of internal/external stakeholders in support of the organization’s strategic and operational goals. You will have accountability for the organization’s analytics strategy and decision support services, building capability for the advanced use of data and analytics to support strategy, operations, performance measurement and analytics informed decision making across the organization. This position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position will also provide leadership and support to a broad range of strategic activities and partnerships including North York Toronto Health Partners (OHT). This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will
- Lead and maximize impact of the organization’s strategy planning role and functions, including the facilitation/development, implementation and measurement of the organizations strategic and operational plans and related activities. Responsibilities for a wide range of planning processes including: strategic, operational, clinical and community services planning.
- Develop and oversee the organization’s analytics strategy including the ongoing development and implementation of strategies and partnerships related to data, information systems, tools business intelligence platforms, processes, and the expertise required to aggregate, transform, analyze, report and use data to support strategy, operations and to advance the use of analytics informed decision making across the organization, and with researchers and community partnerships
- Collaborate closely and provide strategy planning and analytical support to the Senior Leadership, Clinical, Support and Research & Education teams to develop innovative information systems and tools that support the strategic initiatives to advance the Hospital’s research, education, and clinical care delivery mandates.
- Develop a hospital wide performance measurement and reporting strategy, continuously streamlining and aligning strategic and operation measurement tools to support performance monitoring, quality improvement and risk management.
- Build relationships and partnerships amongst multiple stakeholders within and beyond NYGH including front line staff and leaders across clinical programs, support services as well as with academic partners, provincial/national leaders, peer hospitals, government, provincial, regional and local health and social service organizations, municipal and private sector partners.
- Provide ongoing strategic intelligence (trends, policy, evidence) to the Senior Leadership and Clinical Teams and identify strategic partnerships and/or funding opportunities to proactively support the organization’s mandate and strategic initiatives.
- Act as a high-quality strategy planning and analytic resource to the Board, senior leadership team, program leads/teams and for strategic partnerships and/or committees.
- Develop relationships and ensure close collaboration with Clinical Teams, Financial Services, Quality and Information Services teams to successfully adapt to government funding models and develop and evaluate new models of care. This will include ongoing advice and support for stakeholders who capture, process, and submit data which impacts funding, case costing and new program evaluation. In addition, you will ensure that robust processes and tools are in place to validate, process and accurately report and analyze data.
- Effectively use internal and external data repositories and analytical tools to understand NYGH’s performance overtime and relative to other hospitals and identify opportunities for operational and/or data quality improvements.
- Work closely with Chief Digital Officer, Chief Medical Information Officer and other leaders to advance a community health learning approach at NYGH and to align organizational activity with strategy and operational planning
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and partners to shape the organization’s use of data and analytic tools to support performance monitoring, quality improvement and decision making
- Coach, mentor and develop individuals and teams to enhance their knowledge, experience and skills.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or other relevant discipline required
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Health Information, Industrial Engineering or other relevant discipline preferred
- Certification with the Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL) and/or Canadian College for Health Records Administrators (CCHRA) an asset
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience managing large teams in a healthcare delivery organization
- Proven strategic and operational planning expertise and skills
- Experience working directly with senior and medical leaders to support information and analysis required to inform strategy, organizational planning, manage performance, identify improvement opportunities and make decisions
- Experience planning and managing multiple, complex projects involving major changes to business processes, workflows, and the associated change management process
- Experience with data quality improvement on large data sets and use of data integrity techniques
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, diverse teams with high value, time sensitive deliverables and competing priorities, while leading major projects or change initiatives
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills with proven track record of developing high performing teams and team leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including delivering presentations with complex information to senior administrative and medical leadership
- Solid understanding of Ontario hospital funding methodologies, including HBAM, QBP, CCO, Wait Time, Pay for Results and understanding of how the various data elements impact funding allocations
- In-depth knowledge of business analytic frameworks, strategies, technologies, and processes to support strategic and operational planning and decision making
- Extensive analytical skills and understanding of the interrelationship of key clinical, financial, and human resources information and working knowledge of relevant industry-specific external data sets and tools (e.g., DAD, NACRS, WTIS, CIHI, DART, IDS, OHA)
- Proven facilitation, engagement and collaboration skills
Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full Time Regular position, 37.5 hours weekly. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes benefits, pension, and vacation. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
How to Apply
Think you're the right person for the job? Here's your first chance to show us why:
Ensure to meet the deadline - only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.