This full-time role based in Edmonton reports directly to the Marketing Manager. The Graphic Design and Digital Marketing Specialist shall support all graphic design elements within the company and execute all ongoing digital marketing initiatives.
- Sets the tone for Marketing Design across the organization ensuring art production meets organizational standards for all brands, ensuring the brand message is consistent throughout all channels of marketing.
- Conceptualizes and designs digital content for social media, websites and email campaigns as well as other marketing collateral.
- Participates in overall marketing strategy meetings as well as on a project-by-project basis.
- Where necessary, writes and edits marketing copy, Web copy and other marketing language including but not limited to, newsletters, e-blasts and e-catalogs, rep kits and social media communications.
- Be familiar with the tone of our brands and represent it consistently across social channels
- Develop and document multi-platform social media community management guidelines.
- Develops specifications and standards for printing and other production.
- Coordinates and maintains a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other company content.
- Monitoring social media accounts and responding to questions, comments.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of relevant design tools and technologies.
- Develop and maintain printed and digital content library system to ensure appropriate parties have access to content and proper use of all design assets including logos and images are adhered to.
- Produce technically accurate and content-correct material within defined timelines to meet design and production expectations and requirements.
- Produce relevant and on-trend social media content that is an integral part of the sector’s digital marketing focus.
- Track and measure social performance and data.
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors, distributors, and other stakeholders.
- Take on other duties or projects within the business as assigned.
- Five years of experience in graphic design and digital marketing
- Post-secondary education focused on design and marketing
- Five years of retail business experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Office suite of applications
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop required.
- Strong expertise in social platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Strong Knowledge of content marketing
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and constantly changing work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and results-oriented
Applicants MUST submit a cover letter and resume to be considered. Interested candidates must also submit a portfolio demonstrating exceptional design and digital marketing skills. VDMH welcomes new graduate Graphic Designers, as long as they possess a strong portfolio that will display their knowledge and skillset; and proven experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent