RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Are you looking for a position in a dynamic setting? The Human Resources and Environmental Health & Safety Division of the Research Institute of the MUHC is currently looking for a senior clerk for their Reception Department at the Glen Site.
The incumbent will take care of all aspects of the reception, namely the greeting of guests, office supply orders, room and locker bookings and the support to off-site divisions coordinating events in Bloc E at the Glen Site.
The incumbent will support the Director of the Animal Resources Division in the management of her agenda and appointments, in writing and editing documents and memos and in coordinating meetings and conferences, as well as various support activities to the division. As well, the incumbent will support the environmental health & safety team for certain clerical tasks, such as data entry.
Animal Resources Division-related tasks:
- Main point of contact for requests at reception area,
- Greets visitors,
- Distributes and manages access cards,
- Orders offices supplies and is responsible for petty cash,
- Replies to inquiries pertaining to lockers and room reservations,
- Performs other tasks as required.
Environmental Health & Safety-related tasks:
- Provides administrative support, including managing the Director’s agenda,
- Makes reservations for conference rooms & audiovisual equipment,
- Coordinates meetings, conferences, visits, events,
- Prepares purchase and payment requisitions,
- Updates the ARD RI Portal section,
- Acts as P-Card Administrator for divisional P-Cards,
- Performs period closures and invoicing to investigators (via iLab and Darwin).
- Performs other tasks as required.
- Tracks and files biohazard materials application,
- Tracks and files student exam results,
- Verifies and tracks first aid kits and replaces missing supplies,
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned as required.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma, a DEP or AEC in an administrative support program will be considered an asset,
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a related field,
- High level of discretion, accuracy and analytical skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French,
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook),
- Tact and confidentiality respected at all times,
- Prioritizes work and respects deadlines,
- Demonstrates attention to detail,
- Excellent time-management skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team.
Pay Scale :
$32,868.29 - $49,293.79
Work Shift :
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
Work Site :
RI-MUHC, Glen Site, Bloc E, 1001 Décarie Boulevard.
To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://rimuhc.ca/reasons-to-work-at-the-ri-muhc
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.