NOTICE: JOB POSTING #0113
POSITION: Clinical Resource Worker (Grid 21) 1 Temporary Full Time – Crawford Manor
(Position is temporary until incumbent returns)
SALARY: $21.48 Per Hour (as per the Collective Agreement)
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK:
· Monday to Friday
· Shift times will be 07:00 – 15:00 hrs.
· Shifts are 8hours in length
· Days of rest shall be consecutive. Schedule may change with two weeks’ notice
· Probationary/ qualifying period will be 488 hours with mid and end point reviews.
The Clinical Resource Worker (CRW) reports to the Site Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. CRWs are front-line staff working within a 24hr, 7 day a week licensed residential home for male youth aged 19 to 24 who struggle with a variety of issues including addictions. The CRW provides intake, orientation and support for residents. The CRW will be required to connect with other key partner agencies relevant to the needs of the residents.
JOB DUTIES: (in brief)
· Provide support, supervision and assistance to homeless adults who may be facing multiple barriers
· Accept referrals and identify and share information on a variety of Lookout or external resources.
· Refer guests to a variety of community services
· Interview and provide basic necessities ensuring a safe and supportive environment for all
· Complete required records and maintain statistical data
· Support others in the residents who need assistance
· Provide assistance for new staff
· Job duties are complex and may have a few disagreeable factors
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
· Related Diploma or Certificate or minimum Grade 12 education, plus two (2) years of recent related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
· Familiarity with community resources, particularly addiction, mental health, welfare and harm reduction.
· Must have current OFA 1 First Aid Certificate
· Crisis Intervention Skills Training an asset
· Ability to work independently or in a team setting
· Strong ability to manage stress and organize workload
· Excellent communication, writing and documentation and organizational skills.
· Understands and maintain clientele/worker boundaries
· Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
· Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks and operate job related equipment.
· A minimum of two (2) years sobriety if you have had concerns related to alcohol and/or drug use.
· Criminal Record Clearance – vulnerable sector
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume, and quote Job Posting # in subject line
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until April 16, 2020 at 5:00pm
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9.” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply. External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED. c. BCGEU, Shop Steward
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $21.48 /hour