Outside Sales Representative - Junior
As an organization, CGIS celebrates the values of Integrity, Excellence, Initiative, Humour and
Fun, Teamwork, and Continual Learning. We are looking for a team member who shares our passion and values to create a synergistic environment for long-term success.
Reporting to the Territory Manager, this position is responsible for managing and growing the assigned territory through consultative selling of our industry-leading valve, automation, and service products while promoting the message that the application dictates the valve. The position will cover assigned clients in the oil and gas, SAGD, Refining, Mining, Power,
Water/Wastewater, and Pulp and Paper industries.
- Continually source out and identifying new opportunities for CGIS within a specific geographic territory
- Continually support existing client base through a regular routine of day to day sales calls, meeting or exceeding weekly targets
- Continually learn and understand the solutions CGIS has to offer
- Collaborate with other sales team members to increase CGIS’ success
- Communicate with existing customers to resolve basic product issues, ensuring the appropriate products are being used, displacing competitive product lines, effectively suggesting alternate solutions that best meet the customer’s needs
- Proactively deal with “push back” from potential clients by having solid solutions available
- Ensure understanding all requirements of customers’ needs in order to assist inside sales with a timely and correct quote
- Follow up on quotations on a regular basis to close more sales and learn from opportunities
- Maintain activities in SAP B1 database
- Travel required up to 50%
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Process Engineering or relevant work experience
- Industrial sales experience of 2 years
Qualities & Qualifications
- Naturally tenacious with a demonstrated ability to drive and support a successful sales culture
- Self-motivated and customer service oriented with ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen and instincts with a desire to be a high achiever
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Strong Opener/Closer and Relationship Builder
- Natural curiosity and thirst for knowledge and continual learning
- Embraces change and recognizes that change is an essential part of progress
- Strong technical aptitude with attention to detail and excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- General industrial knowledge
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence
- Bilingual (French/English) required
CG proudly offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including Group RSP matching program, profit sharing, extended health benefits, 3 weeks’ vacation, sunny Fridays, educational subsidies and more.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity with a vibrant, growing company and your skills and background meet the criteria above, we would love to hear from you! Please apply early as screening will commence straight away.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Full disclosure of any restrictions must be disclosed at the time of expressing interest and supporting evidence provided prior to any potential offer of employment.
We appreciate your interest and thank you for taking the time to consider this opportunity. We will be in touch with individuals whose profiles most closely match what’s needed to be successful in this role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- outside sales: 2 years (Required)