The Global Business Director (GBD) acts as a catalyst to bring Refinitiv together in service of the client. They are a strategic relationship manager who leads, develops and executes the global account strategy for major clients. They maximize financial and strategic value, align short term needs to longer term business strategies, and satisfy the customer's business needs. They do so by sharing insights into the marketplace, uncovering client needs, building awareness of how Refinitiv can deliver on those, negotiating related deals, and partnering across the enterprise to deliver.
The role requires the incumbent to pivot constantly:
from the highly strategic to tactical execution; from influencing client and Refinitiv executives, to engaging those deep into both organizations; from being marketplace expert, to consummate deal-maker, to operations specialist.
Above all, the GBD acts as the voice of the customer to Refinitiv executives and elsewhere internally: they convey customer needs, and enable delivery on these. They are agnostic about product and business unit, and act as the matchmaker, connecting the customer C-suite into Refinitiv and driving opportunities. They are at the forefront of market trends, anticipating where these are headed, implications for the client, and ways that Refinitiv can help. They ensure the company delivers against customer expectations, by leveraging a deep internal network to lead and influence large, virtual, global teams.
While it has elements of both sales and operations, the GBD role is even more so about business and relationship management. It requires a rare combination of skills and experience, and opens up a wide range of opportunities for Refinitiv, our customers - and the GBDs themselves.
- Drive strategic engagement and commercial relationships with our top global banks; ensure Refinitiv delivery
- Identify, negotiate and deliver opportunities that benefit both the customers and Refinitiv engaging a broad global network of resources, both internally and externally, to successfully meet client needs and achieve quality results, regardless of complexity
- Deliver Refinitiv proposition to clients that that addresses their often complex and broad strategic perspective that are unique to these Global Banking clients
- Establish C-suite dialogue and relationships, connect more deeply into client; bring knowledge, network into Refinitiv
- Find new opportunities through strategic projects to scale against core customers; lead extension of propositions
- Build deep understanding of customer business, and ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Advocate for the client within Refinitiv, and act as Refinitiv ambassador in client's enterprise to drive product innovation addressing requirements over the short and long term
- Build, deliver and track strategic account plan with the client, Refinitiv global account team and Refinitiv senior management; forecast, track, report key information, performance indicators; increase profitable revenue and market share on a global basis
- Build, lead, influence global virtual team; know whom to engage, how to engage them to ensure delivery serving Global Bank’s business. In addition manage the day to day requirements for assigned resources globally
- Develop, mentor and identify sales and relationship management talent
- Partner with Refinitiv C-Level Executive Sponsor
- At least 3-5 years leading strategic account relationships across multiple sectors / segments; direct and / or virtual leadership of global teams
- 12+ years selling and marketing experience displaying finance and business acumen
- Track record in multiple business functions, including one or more of the following: frontline sales, account management, business and sales operations, proposition and product management, client training
- Built deep connections across Refinitiv leading to great ability to drive results in multiple ways
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ideally experience: thrives in ambiguity, adapts to shifting circumstances
- Led complex, strategic negotiations, and delivery on subsequent agreements
- Established vision and strategy, and influenced complex network to deliver on it
- Networker: connected internally and into the financial industry; abreast of latest trends
- Relationship management and consultative selling, from board-room to individual contributor; highly diplomatic
- Strategic account planning; negotiation and management of complex, global accounts
- Excellent communication skills: written, in person, virtual
- Global experience: lived in / worked across multiple markets; led global, virtual teams
- BA/BS required. Advanced degree (MBA preferred)
As a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.