There's nothing worse than a revolutionary mind stuck behind a fixed company process. It’s time to be elevated to the next level.
You are dynamic, driven, innovative, high energy, and determined to have a lasting impact on an organization ready to grow. Some companies celebrate all that you bring to the table, and other companies want you to fit into a box. If working outside of the box is essential to your career fulfilment, A&H Steel wants to hear from you.
A&H Steel Vancouver is a new and fast-moving company to the Maple Ridge Area. We are committed to having a big impact on the success of our customers. A&H has a company-wide commitment to be at the forefront of innovative practices and procedures and provide efficient and reliable service as a reinforcing steel provider. We are raising the bar for the construction industry, focusing on integrity, responsibility, authenticity, and making a difference (with your help, of course).
We are looking for a new General Manager to join our senior leadership team and provide management and oversight to multiple rebar fabrication projects for the Greater Vancouver area. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and presenting to a Board of Directors.
- Educates staff on Company Values and Purpose, and leads by example.
- Adopt broad business concepts and apply them to enhance profitability, grow the business, and assist in setting organizational policies.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the company.
- Oversee assigned product services, department and functional goals and budgets, and manages performance against those plans.
- Accountable for completion of assigned jobs to customer satisfaction within defined profitability metrics and deadlines
- Collaborate with Site and Project Managers on multiple projects and ensures scope, job efficiency and productivity.
- Allocate human and financial resources to implement company policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall workforce planning.
- Secure the best price on materials.
- Procure work and bid on projects.
- Prepare estimates for the costs of materials, labor, and equipment for projects based on contract bids and quotations.
- Monitor tendering procedures in the construction industry and negotiate with general contractors.
- Ensure that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with company policy and controls and local, state/provincial, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Maintain communication with regional leadership and Business Development to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Assist in resolving customer issues / discrepancies.
What we need from you:
- 10-12 years senior management experience considered an asset.
- Construction experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledgeable of industry trends and the business environment.
- Ability to multi-task by taking on multiple, simultaneous projects and a high sense of urgency for achieving goals.
- Strong rapport and relationship building focused on achieving results and acquiring new clients.
- Quick decision making skills in response to changing conditions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with varied activities.
- Delegation of details as necessary, with follow up on timeliness and quality.
- Ability to influence, inspire, and encourage others to deliver results with a high accountability for those results.
- Effectively able to manage stress and stressful situations.
We ask all applicants to complete a TWO PART assessment to help us understand job fit and our ability to support our new and existing employees.
Please copy the link below and paste it in your web browser to take the assessment. The second part of the assessment will come to your email after completing the first part.
Please check your spam folder if you don't see the email within 30 min of completing the first assessment.
****** https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/bo/EON/gmvan ******
- A university degree or college diploma in business considered an asset.
A&H Steel offers competitive wages based on experience, a flexible benefit program, opportunities for advancement and a great team environment.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- RRSP Match
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Disability insurance
Application Deadline: 2020-04-19
Job Type: Permanent
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Senior Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)