- 5+ years experience building and managing high performance software development teams
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Must have lead the design and execution of complex applications to solve ambiguous problems impacting business
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Solid software development background with strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It’s no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers – on time, with low cost. The Middle Mile linehaul organization builds complex software solutions that work across our warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting freight delivered. This remains a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started.
Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. Oh, and we will need great people too (this is where you come in … read on)
Middle-Mile builds the underlying technology that powers Amazon’s middle-mile network across the globe. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, shippers, owner operators and drivers worldwide. We are continuously innovating on behalf of our customers to deliver wider selection, on time performance, and at lower prices.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to join our growing team in Vancouver that will be building technical solutions for our Amazon Freight business.
We are seeking a seasoned manager and technical leader with a strong track record of owning successful products. You’ll build and manage a talented team of engineers in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. As a technical leader, you’ll need to be a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into workable technology solutions that scale both technologically and operationally. Given our rapid growth, you’ll need to be able to lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth as well as be able and willing to roll up your sleeves and get hands on when necessary.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience building and operating highly scalable web applications
- Experience building and operating highly available, 24x7 services
- Experience building and operating globally distributed systems
- Strong, object-oriented and coding skills (Java or C# on Linux platform)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation