Alive Publishing Group, Canada’s largest natural health publisher, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced editor to join our team as Editor & Content Coordinator. The Editor & Content Coordinator should excel in English language communication, both written and oral. They must be skilled at adhering to editorial and technical style guides and have a strong editorial background and proofreading skills. They will be required to plan, coordinate, and revise material for multiple publications, social media accounts and websites.
The Editor & Content Coordinator reports directly to the Group Content Director and is responsible for all duties related to the creation of assigned editorial content and provides coordination support to the Group Content Director and the editorial team.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for an experienced Canadian publisher of natural health and wellness content, both nationally and internationally.
The right candidate is ambitious, creative, outgoing, and willing to get in there and do the work!
Outcomes/Critical Success Factors
- Researching ideas for magazine content
- Writing, editing, and proofing articles
- Proofing lasers
- Undertaking research and research verification
- Coordinating and overseeing product features both online and in print
- Performing administrative duties as assigned by the Content Director, including by not limited to coordinating requisition forms, formatting articles, organizing and formatting lineups, articles etc., as assigned
- Maintaining a writer’s list/database, coordinating writer information, and completing follow-ups
- Attend industry trade shows (2/3 times a year)
- Value aligned with APG and our readers
- Passion for the natural health and wellness industry
- Self-motivated, ambitious, high achiever, entrepreneurial mindset
- Performing related editorial and administrative duties as assigned
- Proven work experience as an editor, particularly in digital environments
- Strategic thinker who knows how to optimize content for web and drive traffic online
- Excellent research, communication, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Creative thinker with demonstrated drive and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills; can work well in a team or independently
- Adept at using social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Comfortable with WordPress and other CMSs
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Strong familiarity with online analytic tools, such as Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel; experience with Photoshop and InDesign an asset
- Energetic, detail-oriented, and organized, with strong time management skills
- Ability to be flexible and respond quickly with a can-do attitude and problem-solving focus
- Willingness to support other products (including print digital products) and follow guidance from editorial and design teams
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to monitor the progress and status of deliverables and communicate appropriately
- HTML and other relevant coding knowledge an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Work for the trendsetter in natural health
- Competitive salary + uncapped commission
- Extended health & dental benefits
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition program
- A swanky Christmas party
- The list goes on and on and on!
Job Type: Full-time