General Labourer/Right Seat
Looking for a new challenge? Told yourself that you want to spend more time outdoors? Maybe you are looking for stability in a career where your efforts are appreciated and your accomplishments celebrated. Explore new areas and take part in exciting projects with our amazing team at Modu-Loc Fence Rentals.
We’ve been building a solid reputation for 25 years, and for the last 7 consecutive years, Modu-Loc has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! A trusted supplier with 16 locations across Canada, we work with projects big and small – everything from families looking to create a safe enclosure for their dog, to massive events like the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games and the 2015 Toronto Pan Am Games.
So if you’re ready to get involved in projects within your community, join Modu-Loc today!
66 Cowansview Road, Cambridge, ON
Why Work for Modu-Loc?
Because we have fun. Because we embrace teamwork. Because we believe in safety. Because we offer stability. Because we are a company with a vision. Because we are a family.
If that’s not enough, Modu-Loc takes care of their employees. Here are just some of the ways that we do that:
- Competitive wages and company-paid benefits plan
- Complete uniform provided, including personal protective equipment and an allowance for safety boots
- Opportunities to receive incentives, including shift premiums
- Full comprehensive training program (online and hands-on) including forklift certification
- Room for advancement – in fact, the majority of Managers at our company have worked their way up after starting out in this very position
- Last but certainly not least, we make sure to stock our freezer with delicious frozen treats!
Don’t just take our word for it! Check out our official Instagram or our Core Values video to see why our employees love working for us!
Position Function and Working Relationships
As a member of our field staff, you’re part of a large team that shares the workload and supports one another at every turn. Field staff are responsible delivering and installing temporary fence. They work together with guidance from our Dispatchers throughout the day. They arrive together, load their trucks together, and always strive to deliver the best customer experience possible.
Full in-depth training and coaching is provided to all field staff, along with forklift certification.
This position reports directly to the South Western Ontario Operations Manager. Your social network will expand beyond that, as you will interact directly with clients, Modu-Loc’s South Western Ontario Operations team, and its counterparts on a daily basis.
Key Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Exemplify Modu-Loc’s core values in all dealings with customers and co-workers
- Acquire and maintain a full understanding of Modu-Loc’s key products and services so as to effectively provide the best customer service possible
- Provide support for other members of the operations team
- Assist with inventory counts, maintain a clean and professional work space and participate in team meetings and company initiatives
- Coordinate with Dispatcher and other team members
- Assist to resolve customer issues onsite effectively, calmly and on a timely basis
- Work closely with the Operations team to organize and schedule orders accordingly, and resolve scheduling conflicts and operational on-site issues
- Be punctual and operate in a safe manner
- Ask questions, and maintain good communication
- Work in the field (report to office daily)
- Work in the shop when required
- Maintain open and clear communication with teammates
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong customer service skills, professional demeanor, and positive attitude
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends/longer hours when required
- Adaptable to change
- Experience with operating tablets and smartphones
- A valid driver’s license is an added asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact John Gaskin, Assistant Operations Manager