Following direction from the Landscape Construction Manager, supervise, direct and lead the day to day work activities.
- Supervising a crew of 2 -3 staff by providing leadership, direction and support;
- Communicate professionally to Manager, designer and customer;
- Understand and meet production and project schedule deadlines without sacrificing great customer service or excellent quality.
- Completing weekly safety talks to crew members;
- Delegate job tasks to crew to assist in the completion of construction projects in timely manner;
- Training Crew members in the safe operation and use of landscape equipment in order to prevent personal injury, injury to others and property damage;
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
· Interprets and lays out job site according to the drawing provided.
· Construction including, but not limited to, pathway and park construction, retaining walls, etc.;
- Review construction sites to identify and eliminate potential hazards
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by inspecting, cleaning and lubricating;
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in vehicles, trailers, shop and jobsites;
- Complete all daily paperwork required by the Landscape Construction Manager
- Completing daily pre-trip inspection of truck and trailer before each shift
- Ensuring a thorough knowledge and understanding of all health, safety and emergency procedures for all team members;
- Perform ‘walk around’ of all job sites upon completion to ensure site is up to standard
- Project a positive company image by acting professionally at all times, on or off client properties
- Minimum 3-5 years experience leading crew members with success providing direction, training support to crew members;
- Minimum 3-5 years landscape construction experience (pavers, grading, retaining walls, etc)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with snow removal (trucks, tractors, skid steer, etc…)
- Experienced with landscape construction equipment (skid steers, mini – ex, tampers, etc…)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of hard physical labor.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be able to lift minimum 20 kg
- Must have clean class G license with driver’s abstract
- Must be physically fit
- Hours may be long and varied (approx. 55hrs per week)
- Weekend hours may be required (Saturday 7-approx 12 if needed)
Union Company with full benefits package
Wage determined on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- foreman: 4 years (Preferred)
- Landscape Foreman: 4 years (Preferred)
- Landscaping: 4 years (Preferred)