The iRide Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the direction of transportation department’s activities. The iRide Supervisor will supervise, monitor, train and assist drivers to ensure effective and safe delivery of transportation to clients. The Supervisor will support the functioning of the transportation department by coordinating all aspects of the vehicles, and support the Transportation Service Representatives. The iRide Supervisor will also act as manager back up.
We are looking for:
a full-time, permanent iRide Supervisor
Commensurate with experience
Hours of Work:
34 hours per week. This is currently a hybrid work from home position which includes 3 days per week in office.
Director, Volunteer and Community Programs
- Lead day-to-day activity of all staff and vehicles (i.e. safety, productivity, environmental issues, financial cost & control)
- Engage all personnel with key goals and strategic business framework
- Provide continuous guidance and support to all staff
- Develop and nurture self-managed teams to achieve seamless, integrated delivery of client services through performance management, including addressing client concerns when it involves drivers
- Scheduling vacation and organizing drivers to ensure scheduling coverage
- Ensuring full utilization and maximizing performance to meet demand while meeting budget requirements.
- Assist Manager in the interviewing for new paid drivers and coordinate new drivers training and 3 month review
- Hold monthly meetings with drivers.
- Hold coaching sessions with staff on a monthly basis
- Ensure drivers hours are logged into Dayforce; Complete timesheet reconciliation against drivers schedule in keeping with weekly deadline
- Ensure corporate vehicles are properly maintained according to vehicle specifications, government regulations and iRIDE’s requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of agency services
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all aspects of Novus and ensure the most effective and efficient features are utilized.
- Assist with the evaluation and monitoring of service targets monthly.
- Review scheduling processes to maximize resources and ensure client satisfaction
Performance Management & Customer Service
- Effectively meets all client services requirements in a courteous and professional manner
- Proactively trouble shoots problems, deals with difficult situations, and escalates to Client Services Manager when required.
- Participate in client satisfaction initiatives that continuously improve quality levels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external suppliers and ensure needs are met and that any contractual obligations are maintained.
- Successfully manage customer complaints and escalate as per organization’s policy
- Provide the Manager of Client Services feedback and input into client related issues/problems as required.
- Prepare and process purchase orders, invoices and cheque requests as required
- Champion the maintenance processes that support operations and that maximize vehicle performance while reducing operating costs
- Regularly performs routine inspection to ensure all equipment has the required safety equipment
- Periodically review parts/suppliers to ensure that the best price and services are being received
Team Building and Leadership
- Actively participate in team initiatives and meetings
- Build support for agency vision and departmental goals/objectives by communicating, collaborating and leading by example
- Build rapport with team members to ensure a high performing team
- Look for daily opportunities to highlight the connection between overall strategy and day-today activities
- Act as a change agent to positively encourage others and manage change
Risk, Health and Safety Management
- Identifying and reporting health and safety incidents and concerns in a timely manner to the appropriate supervisors and/or funders, documenting incidents in EasyCare and escalating appropriately to the designated supervisors as outlined in the Client Safety Reporting policy (C.01.38).
- Participating in health and safety processes and procedures
- Participating in maintaining a safe workplace environment by cultivating a positive safety culture and encouraging best practices to promote both staff and client safety and well-being
- Participating in all health and safety training initiatives on a regular basis
- Taking proactive action against client incidents within your scope of practice
- Being actively involved in the improvement of the reporting system to prevent future reoccurrences
- Developing a plan to identify, manage and/or minimize client safety risks or situations in adherence with risk management operations policies
- Facilitating the planning discussion in the preparation stage prior to disclosure, with the goal of enabling a supportive and effective conversation.
- Promoting a culture of safety by being responsible for encouraging blame-free reporting.
- Investigating adverse events by performing a root cause analysis and gathering all relevant information as it pertains to the event.
- At least two years of college level course work
- Minimum of two years’ experience supervising in a transportation field
- Knowledge of management tools and techniques
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to use sound judgment
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to details
- Experience working in team-oriented collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A degree or diploma in business administration, logistics, transportation, or equivalent, combined with 3 years’ experience in program or service coordination.
- Basic financial management skills and the ability to research and evaluate to obtain the best service and purchase rates for iRIDE/Circle of Care
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and data base applications (NOVUS/Easycare).
- Knowledge of scheduling process
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Experience in logistics or transportation an asset
- A second language is an asset.
Circle of Care is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees, volunteers and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential. Circle of Care seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism, and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including but not limited to those who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation, please inform us in advance.
We thank you for your interest in Circle of Care. We welcome you to apply for this role, even if you do not meet every requirement listed. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Circle of Care requires that all employees, students and volunteers provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire.
Powered by people. Sparked by passion. Circle of Care is made up of staff, students, and volunteers who bring energy and purpose, every day.