PKS Equipment & Engineering Inc is a leader of Heavy-Duty Vehicular Hoist products. We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Draftsmen.
As a Draftsmen at PKS, you must possess the ability to combine technical expertise with creativity and discipline in meeting client & departmental expectations. The incumbent will embrace a flexible culture where all team member’s function in multiple roles to ensure success!
- Mechanical engineering with strong relevant working experience with metal fabrication, (lifting Equipment preferable), Hydraulics & Pneumatics. Mechanical Engineer Degree Preferred but dependent on work experience.
- Min 10 Years Solid Works and AutoCAD Experience with a strong sense of Design.
- Proficient working In PDM within the Solid works environment.
- Strong Knowledge and Ability To Create Shop Drawings.
- Solid designs skills.
- Strong communication skills with desire to take on new challenges and uncover practical solutions to technical problems.
- Advanced knowledge of Solidworks, Autocad Mechanical Design Software
- Developing 3D models for custom & standard product design
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently or within a team environment prioritizing in order to meet specified milestone dates
- Strong fundamental understanding of mechanical systems, hydraulics and their related control systems.
- Experience with MRP (Material Resource Planning System) to create bills of materials, routing and input inventory items an asset.
- Implement & Generate Bill of Materials (BOM) and prepare product costing for first generation product development.
- Minimum 3 years professional work experience in a similar area of specialization, in equipment design and in a related industry. (Automobile Industry/Lifting Devices, Structural Metal Fabrication)
- Results oriented; demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles, maintaining timelines and budgets.
- Self-starter; able to seize opportunities and move projects forward with minimal direction.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office 365 (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Positive team-based attitude
- Knowledge of welding classifications – Structural (CWB) & Piping
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with clients, employees, and suppliers
- Implement Design requirements for both new equipment and modifications to existing equipment.
- Design, test and simulate 2-D & 3-D mechanical models
- Develop and maintain Solid works & Cad revisions, toolbox and CAD library for PKS Manufactured Parts & Product Designs
- Ability manage multiple projects simultaneously and to manage customer relationships and project scope.
- Interface between Engineering and Production personnel
- Process Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s)
- Produce 3D Parts and System Assemblies.
- Produce 2D detailed fabrication drawings & BOMs from 3D.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree With 10 Years Relevant Work Experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent, motivated self-starter, able to multi-task and manage tight deadlines.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Competitive Wages Based On Experience
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Drafting: 6 years (Preferred)
- Solid Works: 6 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 6 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Fluent English (Preferred)