Quik's Farm Ltd. is a wholesale cut flower grower based in Chilliwack, BC, with over 20 acres of indoor growing space and 20 acres of seasonal outdoor. Quik’s Farm is geared towards the intense production of cut Chrysanthemums, Oriental Lilies, Alstroemeria, and other seasonal crops utilizing state of the art growing systems and leading-edge technology to produce high quality products for our diverse customer base throughout Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest USA.
We are currently hiring for a Truck Driver. Must be ready, available and legally able to work in British Columbia.
We offer benefits for full time employees and competitive wages starting at $27.50 per hour, based on experience and qualifications.
- Long haul runs to Alberta depending on the season
- Local runs to Vancouver 1-3 times per week depending on the season
- Local deliveries between business locations
- Additional hours may be available for doing light maintenance on the fleet
- Must have Class 1 Licence (preferably with reefer experience)
- Must be able to maneuver and reverse a semi-trailer well in narrow spaces
- Conduct pre-trip inspection: check oil, antifreeze, windshield washer, fuel, reefer, truck, lights, tires and brakes
- Complete logbook and inspection report
- Answer phone calls or texts in a timely fashion using the blue tooth in the truck
- Report all major weather or traffic problems, so that customers can be made aware of delays
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean at all times
- Conduct post-trip inspection and report any irregularities
- Cell phone compensation of $30/ month
- Medical benefits plan up to $600 annually
- Potential monthly performance bonus of $50 if truck is maintained well
- Overnight stay bonus of $50/ night
Thank you for the time and effort that you put into your application. Applicants who are shortlisted for this position will be contacted soon.
Please email your RESUME and your DRIVER’S ABSTRACT.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $27.50 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chilliwack, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Can you maneuver and reverse a semi-trailer well in narrow spaces?
- Class 1 Licence (required)
Expected start date: 2022-07-04